Combines 2200 series CORN HEADER IJ

• Thread starter red_rocket_2366
  • Start date

c

Iaremec: I have purchased the kit to tilt the header back but I haven't put it on yet. I do have the adjustable stripper plates and I am running on the high side of the gearbox. I do have the triple link chain and we do have more problems with the 2208 on a combine with the triple link chain. And no, we are not done yet. Corn is laying flat on the ground and it snowed again last night. Still have 526 acres left, and everybody else in my area has lot's left also.

dave_morgan

From what I have seen, the 9 and 1000 series heads have adjustable knives on the snapping rollers, the 2200 series have only 2 channel iron type knives on each roller, not very adjustable as I can see...If we want the stalks to be short with the rest annihalated, our only choice is to adjust the 9-1000 series knives to barely miss when turning the rolls...Maybe the 2200 series have a knive style roll like the 9-1000 series as optional equipmentIJ Since when is the roll back feature become an option on an Axial FlowIJ..It was on our 1460 made in 79, and is on our 1688 we have today.