Combines combine and road rage

Chuckm

Unbelievable! In SC Kansas near Wichita, many of the counties have recently passed laws to eliminate the rash of lawsuits against farmers that work ground at night. As more people move into the surrounding countryside to escape the City, they were suing the farmers that worked ground (or whatever) at night for disturbing the peace. Chuck

jake

Town folks in the country could be a touchy subject but I was told two years ago by a new home owner near the edge of one of my rented fields that I was not allowed to spray my soybeans near his house, I replied sir I have too and I will be carefull and will not to get spray in your yard. He said you dont understand I planted pumpkins in your beans and I dont want you to kill them. the pumkins died. However not wanting to penalize this mans children for hisIJIJIJIJ I bought his kids pumkins that fall thinking I could keep peace with this man. The following year I ran a pumkin through my combine while running corn. What a mess.

batman

I think people not involved in farming dont understand big machinery they should be educated somehow by tv or radio comercials so they can see how farming is done and to be a bit more patient when around big equiptment, sometimes the farmer can get out of the way but most times it is hard to do especialy if there is a parade of equiptment moveing down the road

batman

I think people not involved in farming dont understand big machinery they should be educated somehow by tv or radio comercials so they can see how farming is done and to be a bit more patient when around big equiptment, sometimes the farmer can get out of the way but most times it is hard to do especialy if there is a parade of equiptment moveing down the road

jm

I agree that education could be of some help. And all of us need to do our best to be courtious as possible when traveling the roads. But we all run into those that have zero tolerance for us and our equipment on the roads. I have made all efforts to move my equipment at the least busiest part of the day and I still find this difficult. Keep safe!

twin_spinner

dont people realize were there food and beer come from IJIJ

farmertim

What most motorists don't realize is that top speed in a combine is about 20mph and that they can pass real easy.Some of them are real idiots. They also don't realize we have to go around mail boxes,highway signs,etc. Even with no header. Some people don't have a clue. It gets frustrating sometimes.

Adam_Pars

Moving equipment from point A to point B has become a circus. Entering someones combine is like breaking into someones house or car. Just tonight I was moving the tractor and bush hog from corn field to corn field bush hogging the stalks. There is one point on the road where it becomes three lanes for about 50 feet and some idiot decided to use that turning lane as a passing lane. People just DON'T get it!

Silver_Shoes

Duane, I would appreciate it if you posted this on the other talk show boards also. This is unbelieveble, so glad I havent had to deal with this type of motorist yet.