Combines combine and road rage

Northernfarmer

I had a schoolbus stop in the middle of a country road, and wait for me to put my combine with 30' header in the ditch. Then she went on her way. Thirty feet behind where she stopped was an approach, that if she would have stopped at, either one of us could have used. Some people just don't think. After that I had a little RAGE ......Neil

Deadduck

The only problem I have with the handgun is that it should have been a .45. Much more effective! lOl Seriously, if some idiot climbs the ladder into a combine cab in a threatening manor, I think a person has a right to defend himself. Especially a 70 year old man. He should not have let his gun be taken away from him though. You should only pull it out if the situation warrants using it. And you never let the SOB take it away so it could be used against you. In my state of louisiana, if someone forcibly enters your home or vehicle while you're in it, you have every right to shoot that person, whether or not they are armed. And we don't have to have a permit to carry a loaded firearm in a vehicle, so most perps now assume you are armed.

Rolf

G'Day guy's Just one to lighten the moment! As some of you know I have done some combining over there in the US of A and as you would know us Aussies drive all our vehicles on the left hand side of the road and we operate the vehicle from the right hand seat! now imagine your and Aussie (me) sitting in a combine that's got the seat in the middle of the machine (Case 1680!!) I have been cutting for what seem's like hour's then finish the field and have to hike the machine down the road. This road is a two way Highway with broken white stripes down the middle. now imagine your tired! what do most people do in a emergence situation!!!! for me it move to the left to let the other car coming the other way through!!! Hmmmmm he_she doesn't seem to think that Im doing the correct thing!!! why is he_she making funny signs at me with there hands and why are they still going to the left when I going to the left and im trying to get out of their way!!! then their in the table drain (ditch) and I m heading to the same ditch! Hmmmmm is there something wrong here!!! (light globe appears above ones head!!!) Arrrr Im in America they drive on the other side of the road that's my problem.... so I go right only to have the car that was in front of me wave and gesture at me and be confronted with my Aussie mate behind doing the exactly same thing as me!!!!!!!! Pulling out of parking lot's and supermarkets were the worst thing for us left hand drivers as we tended to head off on the wrong side until we saw another vehicle driving towards us to remind us which side of the road we should be driving on!!! moral of this story is look out for the Pom,Aussie and kiwi driving headers out of car parking lot's around over there!!!!! Rolf

JT

for what its worth, I had a rough one this spring crossing a one lane bridge (keep in mind bridge measures 18' 6") I was in a 4wd with chisel plow (17' 4" transport) and 2 nh3 wagons. As you can imagine I was traveling at best .5 mph and this guy pulled on to the bridge on the other side in his suv and stops about 10 feet onto the bridge and waits, I do belive he expected me to back up, so all I could do is just through it in park. and I looked at him and I held my arms up and asked what he wanted me to do. We sat there for a few min. and he finaly gave in and backed up. no spoken words were excanged , but if looks could kill.

JT

for what its worth, I had a rough one this spring crossing a one lane bridge (keep in mind bridge measures 18' 6") I was in a 4wd with chisel plow (17' 4" transport) and 2 nh3 wagons. As you can imagine I was traveling at best .5 mph and this guy pulled on to the bridge on the other side in his suv and stops about 10 feet onto the bridge and waits, I do belive he expected me to back up, so all I could do is just through it in park. and I looked at him and I held my arms up and asked what he wanted me to do. We sat there for a few min. and he finaly gave in and backed up. no spoken words were excanged , but if looks could kill.

JT

Mlappin

Yah! As my grandfather would have said, Some people really need to go hungry for awhile, then they might be alot more considerate when were trying to move equipment on the roads.

cr

That is exactly why I stay in the middle of the road until meeting the oncoming vehicle. If there isn't any way for me to stay in one lane I take up two until the car coming at me has to slow way down and I pull over and stop most of the time. Took me 58 minutes to drive 10 miles last night and got waved at more than pointed at.

nebraska_farmer

not road rage...but....i was approched by 3 guys one hunting season, they asked if they could hunt in my fieldsIJ i told them i was out there harvesting and that i didn't want anyone out there while i was!. about an hour later i was re-fueling my combine in the field and heard some gun shots, there were 3 guys walking on my neighbors field, then i heard pellets hitting my combine. i got my 30-30 out of my truck and laid a pattern out in front of them. i didn't see them anymore after they crossed the creek about a 1_2 mile away. i don't know if they were the same 3 or not.