Combines 4400 4420 question

farny

one of our neighbors runs a 4 row 30" corn head on their 4400, and has no problem handling the grain. the only downfall is the size of the tank, don't plan on long rounds in corn. if are serious about one of those machines, look for a diesel with under 5000 hrs. plenty out there.

The_Red

Thanks for the information. I have quite a bit of time on a 4420 but rapidly getting spoiled on my neighbor's 6620 T2. Great machine for his 800 acre operation which is small these days. Might even go for a 6600 if I can find one at the right price.

farny

if you are interested, we have a 1980 6620 with 3400 hrs. i am looking at that 9500 and the guy that owns the 6620 with me is also looking to update. we have picked up quite a few more acres so the 6620 just can't cover it all. the machine has been great to us and would make a great 500-1000 acre machine. we run a 218 grain table and 643 corn head. both at 3 mph or more. the machine has all new or 1 yr old belts, new paddle chains in clean grain and tailings. it's not a T2, but a good powerful machine. if interested, let me know where you are located. we are in northwest ohio.

The_Red

I am in far east Central Indiana. Take a look on a map and find the intersection of US 35 and 36. I am 2 miles from there. Ernie has a 915 grain table (sure likes to break off plastic forks!) and a 6 row 30 inch cornhead. I do not know the model number on it. We run 3-3.5 mph in beans and 4-4.5 in corn with no problems. Never have had a jam in the feederhouse (knock on wood). I might be interested but probably too many $$ for me. Have you replaced the drum or cylinder bars yetIJ

farny

the drum is in good shape, the cylinder bars do need replaced. it has the variable speed feeder house and the reverser, so the feeder house problems are very minimal at that. we run the same size corn head and are sometimes at that 4 mph mark, but only in 120 bu corn or below, the more corn, the slower we need to go. i'd have to check with my partner, but somewhere around $15k is probably going to be the asking price. that's without heads. let me know what you think about that.

The_Red

I'll check with my neighbor Jeff. He and his brother Craig are increasing their operation with Grandpa Ernie reaching 70 years young and is starting to slowly retire. Personally too many dollars for me to take on my own. With so many surplus 9500s east of the Mississippi, I don't think they would bid $15k. How much tread is leftIJ Does it have the hydrostatic driveIJ AC workIJIJ CD playerIJIJIJ Color TVIJIJIJIJ :)

farny

i would say there is 60%++ tread left on 28l-26 tires. yes, hydrostatic drive, new condensor for the A_C, so that works GREAT Brrrrr. AM_FM Radio, all monitors and buzzers work. it has been barn stored since birth, so little paint fading, but no rust at all. that price is negotiable, can probably be done through the local deere dealer so you get better financing.

The_Red

Hmmmmmm. Sure wish we were having a good year at work so I had some play money. You got me drooling on my keyboard. I'll relay all the information. If you don't mind, I would appreciate the details on the 7700. I think with that many hours, Jeff would not be interested on it but I might for a big fat ol toy. I wouldn't be packing that many hours on it. I know that Ernie's 4400 and 4420 both were pretty wore out once they got that many hours. Thanks!