Combines 4400 4420 question

The_Red

Money! You do a nice job maintenance wise. I am impressed. Thanks for the info. Farny. Now I got some chewing to do.

Charlie

I've got a 6600 with about 3500 hrs. with new 24 x 32 tires, year old cylinder bars, new clean grain elevator chain and augers. Comes with a 215 head. Asking 5000.

The_Red

Charlie and all, here is a kicker for you. About 3 miles from my house on the westside of Indianapolis, is a JD 3300 or 4400 that has not been used in 15 years. The neighborhood developed around this guys house. He fires it up and moves it around. If I can ever catch him it might be worthwhile. Unfortunately it has been outside all this time and I am sure a bunch of bearings will need replacing. Don't know the particulars but it tickles me he hung onto it. Well of course I have a Farmall H at the Indy house-----------

JHEnt

If your still wondering, a 343 (3row 30") cornhead will fit a 4420 only if you install 18.4-26 tires and wheels. A 443 (4row 30") head works fine with the original 23.1-26 wheels and tires. One point though with the 443 head, if you have a 6 row planter you need to plant straight and true or shelling can be difficult.

The_Red

I think my neighbor had a couple of beers before he started planting. That 4 row would be difficult to use on his rows. Thanks for the information.