Combines 9500 to a 9660

Seen_the_Green_light

Greenman, Please e-mail me with your telephone n I would like to speak to you about your 635F Head I have run a 30' but would like to speak to someone who has run the big one, I want to make shure I am doing the right thing since it is going cost quite a chunk of change to trade up. Thanks Dennis dfeiken@yahoo.com

greenstrat

Interesting. I still would have to see 7 mph and actually cutting the whole bean plant without stripping. This is what I call a "good job". Anything can be set to cut close, my 216 is an old junker but can be made to cut sod. Unless the new one has a whole lot faster feet_minute of cutting speed on the sickle it would be pretty hard to make it cut well. Right, I haven't seen one and would be glad to be proven wrong, but maybe John Deere has figured out a way to bypass the laws of physics. GS

TJ

Yes, the sickle speed has been increased approx. 400 RPM I believe, (anybody may correct me, but I think I'm close). They are also using a 4" cut with a triple point in the middle. I believe this gives the crop more room to enter the cutting area and with the increased speed of the knifes it does an impressive job. I found it hard to drive 7mph only for comfort reasons. I could not make it strip however, (35 to 40 bushel beans). And yes everthing was new so that helped. 5.5 to 6.0 becomes very comfortable after a short while, and that alone is a step above anything I had run before. We ran beside a 930 that we thought was doing a good job, and there was a noticable difference. It is a fun head to operate.

hank

head works, i saw it myself and operated combine for 4 hours. 6" flex and low mass cutterbar make it act like nothing on the market. I am not a salesman either just poor farmer.

greenstrat

So that is where they get the extra fpm cutting speed. Had to be somewhere to make it work better. The new head that was shown at Husker Harvest days had what looked to me like the old 1.5" Tiger jaw guards. These used to be real good for a short while till the edge wore off, then they sucked. looks just like them to me. The longer faster stroke would make more sense with the 3" guards to me, in order to pass the trash. Guess I will have to wait about another year to really see it work. After dumping my row head so I could slow down from 5.5_6Mph I really don't think more speed is good for the combine, operator or anything else. I think if you could keep your machine full at 4.5 you would feel a whole lot better at the end of a long day. I know I do. GS

useless

How did that stone dam work. Did beans sit in front of it and then eventually roll offIJ

mit9750

what i want to know is, how does it do in rocksIJ and i don't mean little baseball stones, i mean ROCKS, south dakota,left over ice age head wreckers. i have pressed out all the skid plates more than once on our 930's and run real light down psi. need to just convince boss to spend money on new rock pickers,and a good roller lol mit9750

beh

As red blooded as i am, there is no better bean head than the new deere, iti s amazing! brad