Combines 9620

justapurrin

is that really confirmed or are you saying JD stole another manufacturers productIJ surely notIJIJ lol lol

chopper

There is no similiarity between the 60 Series Detroit and the 12.5l JD. The Detroit is a double overhead cam and the 12.5l JD is a single cam in head engine. This rumor keeps circulating, I don't know why.

zbar

Years ago Deere and Detroit had a joint venture. They were going to sell engine under the name Detroit_Deere. That is where the 60 series Detroit engine was developed. They had adds out in different magazines already introducing the new engines when Deere bailed out of the agreement. I think the 12.5 was developed from the same platform after that.

twin_spinner

i also heard that deere are building these engines under contract from detroit so they are essentially GM.

nascarfarmer

Heard that the FTC would not let the Deere_Detroit_Allison deal go through because of monopoly issues or something. Allison was gonna design the transmissions, detroit the engines, and the rest of the tractor Deere. Thats what our dealer told us when we bought our first 9400 the year they came out.

farmert

hate to rain on your parade but detroit_allison is owned by damilerchyrsler a lot of technology sharing bettween them

Rockpicker

I have had both kinds of engines and in my experience the Cats have more torque and last longer.

nascarfarmer

not raining on my parade, i know that. But makes me wonder why Chevy Diesel pickups get the allison auto, dodge doesntIJIJIJ Seem like they would keep it in house.

800_RMK

You hit the nail on the head with that one! I wish my 2002 F-250 had caterpillar, NOT saying the stroke is bad, but I like lots of lowend GRUNT.