Combines Custom Harvest Tribute 2004 and 1944 1945 Harvest Brigade

Judy

FarmBuddy - I too was in Garden City Kansas during the "monsoon" there. I am so glad that people like you recognize what lenwood has done with this tribute. You are so right - the restored 1949 Massey-Harris 21A Self-propelled combine and the 1949 Dodge truck are beautiful. I am so thrilled about this event - what a GREAT tribute to my grandfather, Joe Tucker, the originator of the 1944_1945 Harvest Brigade. It really was a great feat during WWII. I also went to Hays KS - where it rained even more than in Garden City. Finally, on the July 4th weekend, in Gibbon NE, I was able to ride on that wonderful combine. It is a memory I will always remember. I hope to hear from more people who realize what a great tribute this REAllY is. Thanks for your comments.

Judy

ljones - Thanks for your comments. Mr. Holo was in Falls City NE on his way to Tulia Tx. However, it was earlier than June. I am glad that you were able to see this wonderful Massey-Harris combine and the 1949 Dodge truck that hauls it. It truly is a piece of history and a great tribute to the 1944_1945 Harvest Brigade and the custom harvesters of America. Do you, by any chance have a copy of the article that was in the paperIJ I would be very interested in obtaining a copy. My grandfather, Joe Tucker was vice-president of Massey-Harris when he conceived the idea for the Harvest Brigade. I would appreciate any info. Thank you, Judy

J__D__Titan

Thank you, Judy for your comments. Yes, I am interested in knowing more about your family ties to Massey-Ferguson. As for the 21, what I also meant to include, was the fact that it was the first commercially successful self-propelled combine. Therefore, it is much like the famous Model T car.

Judy

JD - Right again, about the first successful self-propelled combine. Have you seen the Summer issue of Massey Today put out by AGCOIJ If not, let me know and I will send you a copy - it will be a start to my family ties to Massey-Harris. Judy

J__D__Titan

No, I don't get that or any other implement company publications now. I really miss Farm Profit, New Holland News, The Furrow and such. Have you ever read "A Global Corporation" or "Harvest TriumphantIJ" Both are very good Massey historical texts.