Combines deutz V8 in R 72

Richie

Actually the same goes for any engine i guess,especially on a combine.All leaks,diesel or oil,should be fixed.Makes sense.

R_O_M

The one thing I have learnt in my 50 years of farming is that you can never presume that the farming conditions, farm practises, machinery useage and problems or even the local culture that applies in your area will be the same every where. As little as a hundred kilometres away can often mean big differences in any or even all of the above. Cheers.

FR

I have went away from deutz in my irrigation engines, to high priced to repair, and hard to get parts, and engine would run warmer, than cummins or deere power plants, and fuel was not any better.

silvermech

i do not know where you are located at but when i went to cummins certification school there was dealers from all over the u.s. there and up until last year there was still dealer cert. school offered with good atendence.

NDDan

Gleaners run with Allis engine for 10 plus years, Deutz for nearly 10 years, Cummins for 10 plus years. We've only had a couple total burns and they were old Allis powered machines and engines were an oily mess. We've had a few smoldering fires on floor of Deutz powered machines as well as Allis powered. No smoldering fires that I know of on Cummins powered machines. While harvesting oil crops in the right heat and humidity you surely want to keep them clean. We have guys that don't blow out their Deutz for years. That surely won't fly in some areas of the country. I haven't had any more trouble with Cummins than any other engine but wouldn't bother me a bit if they install the Sisu. We've used the Sisu in some tractors in the past and they are rock solid and very simple. I don't think there are any engines with same parts in them from one decade to the next even if they have the same name on them so it realy don't matter to me if they make a switch soon. Best of luck with your purchase.