Combines diference between rotary and conventional

mkola

in a "conventional" or cylinder and concave the crop is fed onto the face of the cylinder in a rotary the crop is fed onto the end of the cylinder i don't know which is better we have an older "conventional" machine that works great (4400) but i notice many of the new machines are moving toward rotary designs.... -Mark in canada.

Farm_Kid2

I've never seen anyone drill milo. I guess it might be possible, but it would sure be different! Milo is really similar to corn in that it has a stalk and is thinly planted in rows.

Ilnewholland

Here in the south part of Il we drill milo all the time. Works good here, best after wheat as double crop.

Deerebines

Sorry, I thought it was obvious. Planter. I kinda find it hard to believe you could drill no-till. Maybe a disc drill with extreme down pressure.

Kelly

Yes, a conventional can really put the wheat crop thru the combine but the walker losses can add up in a hurry. If you drive the conventional to limit grain losses, then you are cutting the same number of bushels per hour. Just compare the greeness behind a rotary cut field to a conventional cut field assuming they both had respectable operators. Kelly

l3

This is the John Deere sight rightIJ They've got a drill that will plant through anything.

Deerebines

True, 750 is a hard to beat drill but the accuracy of seed spacing is hard to beat on a planter.