Combines Dusty windows

chewy

i use the california duster all fall in many of our crops. easy to clean windows while unloading. just make sure you wipe the windows at night when you quit for if you wait till morning after the dew sets that dust isint as easy to wipe off.

dairyfarmer

i always use glass cleaner from either carquest napa or one of my deallers be it agco or john deere it seems to not hae as much of a static affect as windex and the areosol cans work great anywhere dairyfarmer

brad_c

I put rainX prior to harvest then use the California Duster. As already stated, use it at night when you are done before the dew settles.

ROCK

Thanks for the help. Hoosier has another question. What is a California Duster...where do you get oneIJ I am not familiar with them. Also, found out some bean varieties yield more fuzz than beans it seems.

ROCK

Thanks for the help. Hoosier has another question. What is a California Duster...where do you get oneIJ I am not familiar with them. Also, found out some bean varieties yield more fuzz than beans it seems.

Rolf

G'Day Guys Would you believe I use good old Water! Rain water is even better; use it with one of those squeegees thingys you use at the auto petrol station. Seems to work pretty good, might not last as long as the above ideas but it seems to work nice for us. We also take the front top cover off the feeder house to help with material build up under the cab and if you have lots of dust coming out the front feeder you need to look at setup issues in the rest of machine! Rolf

chewy

a california duster is around 2.5 or 3 feet long with a handle on one end and very soft cloth bristles on the other. found at most auto parts stores. they are most comonly used on cars to wipe dust off of the paint. also as Rolf stated water does work, however at the moment my squegie is froze solid in the pail. hope you guys have a smooth harvest chewy

tbeck

Now that's an idea I never thought of, opening the lid on top of the feederhouse. Might hafta try that next summer in peas, they seem to give me the worst build up. Tom