Combines feeder house chain

Brady

I haven't put one on my self but I know that loewen Mfg. has the complete up grade kit for the Case rotaries. The 3 chain feeder chains the upper sprocket tube kit and the 3 groove rock drum.

Ken

I don't know if they are the cheapest, but loewen uses American made chain and T slats, which are excellent quality, bolted together instead of rivets for easy parts replacement.

lefty

My grandmpa always told me to replace all sprockets when you replace a chain. Then you would get even wear and the old sprocket wouldn't wear out the new chain.

Repair_Man

I agree loweon makes a good chain, I would highly recommend replacing the sprockets. loewen makes a very good sprocket also, I think there sprocket design is also better than factory. They also make a split sprocket that you can install without removing the shaft. If you have time you can buy just the chain from shoup and remove your old slats and bolt them on to the new chain. If you dont count your time this is the most ecconomical way to replace a chain.

bkandra

If you are going to replace the feeder chain, then you had better replace the sprockets, they are worn out too. Also check the wear strips on top of the return floor. It is likely that they are worn out. On the older machines these are welded in, but I think they are bolted on the newer.

buckshot

If your sprockets are fairly new, they can be reversed so that they are running on the unworn side. You slide them off the end of the top feederhouse shaft and slide them back on the opposite way. That'll save a few bucks. If they are partly worn on both sides, you may as well change them for how much they cost and how much wear they can cause the chain. As for feeder chains, stick with the factory ones that are riveted. The problem with bolted together ones is that the workers putting them together with impact wrenches usually over-tourque a few, crack the bolt and you get a slat coming loose. Riveted ones are really strong, especially if you take in a rock. If you have one come loose, then bolt in a replacement.

JWK

What are the chancesIJ Hard to say, could be like pulling a slot machine in las Vegas I guess!! leading edge I believe should be the higher edge of the lath.

hot_rod

Sometimes it will cause feeding trouble also check the distance feeder slat to shield should be 1 1__2 in. or less and finger timing .Also lower drum stop