Combines Harvest update 5 30 00

rf

I started again Monday after the rains. I started at 2pm and cut 70 acres by 10 last night it is custom work. It is poor wheat so I ran 4.5 to 6 miles per hour. My own is averaging about 40 bu. I have about 70 acres of my own and 40 custom left. I have not had any problems. The Ag Power guys are pretty good aren't theyIJ I replaced my cylinder drive, beater drive belts when they chaged out my beater drive to 150% so I am in pretty good shape on that front. I am in Richardson working at my real job today as well.

wheat_whacker

PT and RF, We weren't as lucky as you all we missed the rain and were able to cut straight through. We finished Monday and I took off yesterday and unloaded seed wheat and cleaned everything off. I am back to my normal job also. We must be sick individuals to take off work to cut wheat. We had a great run. Our worst wheat was Coker 9474 it averaged 62 bu_ac on 94 acres, but test weighed between 61 and 62.9 much to my surprise. Our bread and butter was Pioneer 25R57 we averaged 68 bu_ac on 220 acres.It was lighter though tested 59 to 61.

parttimer

Hard was at $2.60 over the weekend but dropped to $2.55 yesterday afternoon. Soft was at $2.25 I think, we all had hard. This price was at the Itasca Coop, another was $.1 lower than those.

parttimer

I would think,If you want to, you could custom farther south. I ran to Waco to get the belt and there was still wheat in the field down that way and the big boys are moving on. I wish the 8820 ran out better. We never did get to start in the morning and cut until 10:00 or so, Sat. we had everything working but then rained us out at 7:00p. We moved last night to a 174 ac custom job and will take off tomorrow to finish up what they do not finish today. Then I think we have another 60 ac. job Sat. Our biggest problem is the trucks, but we will fix that before the spring crops are harvested. I think farming_harvesting is the only thing that keeps me going so I think vacation used is is worth it. Glad you had a great harvest. If I come across a large field - interested in helpingIJ maybe haulingIJ Have a great day!

wheat_whacker

We took all of our wheat to Saginaw. I called today and soft wheat was paying 2.61 and i think the lDP was about $.49 in Cooke County. Nothing to brag about. WW

The_Red

Soft red in eastern IN is around $2.50. Not very many farmers plant it so I don't expect much of a price change when we harvest in late June.

parttimer

I am a CPA (tax accountant) for an oil and gas company. What line of work are you inIJ I do not think we could plow if we wanted to because of the moisture - give it a week of high 90s. We had to cart a lot out to the road because the ground would not hold the trucks. They are going to square bale the straw in the big bales sometime. Do you do that - or is there a marketIJ It adds about $10 ac. plus you do not have to plow it to death to cover it. Talk Fri.

rf

Those are excellent yields my won't come near those. Are those hard or soft breedsIJ My only salvation is I have contracted about 50 % of my crop to a grower for certified seed next year so I am getting $3.00 plus pop. We only had 80 acres of our own wheat. We have about 140 acres of milo and it looks great. By the way what were your fertlizer input cost on your cropIJ My we just over $29 per acre.