Combines low voltage on R52

T__langan

Now there's a sign that we have OUR combines figured out when we use this Gleaner discussion forum to talk about the topics we've been known to talk about! Actually, I was told the same thing, but then read later that it wasn't true. How 'bout it RolfIJ Hurry, go flush the toilet and tell us which way it swirls down under!

johnboy

It looks like the stills are getting cranked up again now that the corn is being harvested.The answer to your question is the water flows clockwise down the sink.What you guys do different is that your light_power switches turn on upside down to ours as a rule.we pull down to turn the power on.Don't get us going on how you keep putting the steering wheel on the wrong side of the pickup.It used to make my Canadian boss's day when i used to get in the wrong side to drive off.john

johnboy

Just another thing Tom the main drive electric clutches can fill up with dirt and crap in our dusty conditions and take lots of power to keep them engaged properly (especially R72s drive needs)We use a air compressor to blow the dust away from the clutch plates every couple of days.Ever since we started to do that life has been a little easier. john

Tom_Russell

I dont know where the timer is located and right now I cant even remember where I read about it. It is normal for the solenoid to stay activated for a few seconds after the auger stops moving. Try moving the auger with low engine speed and it may stop before getting to the end of its travel. That will give you an idea of how much time it takes before the solenoid cuts out. Tom in MN

T__langan

That makes me wonder if the same is true in areas of Europe too - the power switch thing that is. The control box for the booms on our Hardi sprayer have the toggle switches mounted upside down (for us anyhow!). They are made in Denmark, I believe. I guess that settles it - water swirls the same way the world around. Another of life's big mysteries solved by the intellect and geat thinkers here on Gleaner Talk. Now for the really deep question - WHY does the water AlWAYS swirl the same wayIJ

buckeyegleaner

couple points, timers are in back of auto swing module 8second timer, we have had a lot of trouble with 105amp delco alt. rebuilder puts in temperature sensing regulator that shuts down instead of burning up alternator. we now have a DIRECT bolt on 130amp with same mounting that has sure cured the alt problem, later combines have 130amp already on them but mount different. also solenoid in counsol can have a bad internal connection and not supply proper voltage to cab, put a jumper wire across 2 largest terminals and if you get a spark or voltage raises it is bad,sometimes turning ignition switch on off will give it a better connection if it is going bad.

Rolf

Thank Goodness! I'm not the only Aussie that sat in the right hand side of a vehicle in the US!