Combines Most Bushels of Corn Harvested By One Combine in 24 Hours

make0905

can not believe what you say because I had a 480 bevore. the corn elevator stopped several times at 2500bu_hr. and the second reason is that the chaffer-losses went up very much over 2500bu so we had to slow down - i think the fan is not strong enough.

Coors_light

The 480 you were running in corn, was it a European machineIJ

Big_Green

My 9600 with one 800 bushel cart and two 600 bu. trucks and 1 semi cutting 230 bushel corn with an 893 can cut 3000 an hour so i would hope a cat can do 4000.

make0905

yes we had an european machine with 375hp. I am rally wondering why they blow up the horsepower so much we had never the problem that the hp was the limiting factor! there were always problems like i told bevore that made us slow down the speed and i have not seen the big changes that i have expectet on the 500 series!

coors_light

The reason I asked, modifications were_have been made to the Cat lexions threshing, separating, cleaning system and grain handling systems to enable them to better handle higher volume crops like corn, which are not common in Europe, other than wheat. The differences between the Cat lexions and the Claas Euro lexions are extensive. The Cat lexions have been modified to enhance their productivity in not only higher volume North American crops like corn and soybeans, but North American small grains too (rice, barly, wheat, and pulse crops too).

make0905

I think we have one of the highest maize (going up to 19to_ha) harvests here in europe and I don`t want to talk about a combine which is modified by someone somewhere in the world. What I say is that the lexion comming from the factory is able to do and nothing else! I can not understand why the engineers of the lexions do not work on the areas of the harvester that make the problems. Just pulling up the hp is too less!!

hv_user

You failed to say it was a MASSEY FERGUSON tractor that holds the record.