Combines Off combine 8030 Issue

NDDan

I'd have the head plained and valves touched up. I wouldn't worry about play you see in pistons but would turn engine over to examine cylinder walls. To be safe I would install short 1_2" bolts with washers to insure sleeves don't pop out when turning over. The bolt hoses are 9_16" but snuging in 1_2" will work. Be sure you don't have vertical scratching in sleeve and you can likely see top piston ring to ensure it isn't broke. Ring end gap position can usually be seen at top of sleeve and this stain is normal. The pan can be pulled if you first roll FWA forward. This would require jacking front end high enough to roll ahead and then set back down with some 4"X6" blocks between FWA and side frame. Some guys will say it is a good idea to check bearings at 4000 hours. I'd say I've found bearings that saw some dirty oil or cold rev damage at less than 4000 hours and some look like brand new at 8000 hours. All depends on the TlC it has had. Good luck

jj

Sent out the head and they found cracks. Any line on refirbs out thereIJ Thanks Jon