Combines p ssed at the 8010

FR

The control pressure has held at above 290 when it is hot, we set it up at the beginning. We have about 200hrs. so far I will list all problems nothing to major O ring in control pressure valve, clutch on clean grain would not hold so I welded it solid, had to put high capacity seive in for 250bu. corn, bolts came loose in straw spreader orbit moters wrecked a moter,bolt broke on feeder house chain tightner,not to bad for a new machine most problems had to do with people not tightening things corectly. I am running 18row head in 250bu corn 24% corn traveling 4.2 at 100% power any faster and the feeder will plug with corn if you speed feeder up it throws corn out it is a corn eating machine really wears out the grain cart opperater. And for the people that think it is a red NH check them out side by side there not even close to same.

Deadduck

The 2366 was a vitcim of timing. It's sales were declining, but it probably had several more years of life left. But CNH was needing to consolidate plants, and they evidently felt like it wouldn't justify tooling a plant to make 2366's that were declining in sales and would soon dropped from the product lineup anyway. They would have done the same thing with the 2388, but probably felt they would lose too many customers in the transition. I'm an IH guy from way back. We collect old IHC trucks, scouts, and tractors, so I have a strong affection for the company and its products. But the fact of the matter is CaseIH needed a class 8 combine, especially after Deere came out with the STS machines. And the 2388 chassis will not support the changes necessary to make that leap. Evidently CNH did not have the foresight or financial resouces to develop a new unique family of combines to compete with the Deere and Cat machines. So the only option was to merge the axial flow machine with the existing NH chassis. The original plan was to do away with the 2388 and develop the 7010 as the smaller sibling to the 8010. This would have made sense from a manufacturing and support standpoint, because they would have shared the same chassis and many parts. But, for whatever reason, this did not materialize and CNH is stuck making two completely different CaseIH combines along with the NH combines. But this can't continue for long. The 2388 will be history within the next few years. CNH will be forced sooner or later to go to one design in the US, either Axial Flow or Twin Rotor. Which design lives on will depend on the sucess of the 8010 and customer acceptance. John Deere can sell a 9560 along with the larger machines because they all have commonality of chassis, parts and design. As far as the walker machines, Deere dealers are already telling their customers that walkers are on the way out, just like the CTS. No way Deere could manufacture and support 3 completely different combines for the US market for long. The only reason they are still selling walkers is that they spent the last 25 years preaching the virtues of conventional combines over rotary designs, and a lot of farmers still believe that. They were afraid they would lose customers if they dropped the walkers too soon. And lets not forget that John Deere had a lot of bugs to work out of the STS's before they came to the market, and they still have wear issues.

Rockpicker

2 years ago, a custom cutter brought with him a 7010 along with 3 2388s. He said the 7010 didn't have any more capacity then the 2388 but was heavier which forced him to build a bigger trailer to haul it around. To sum it up, he said there is no reason why they should drop the 2388 in favor of the 7010. I can see your point. I would take a 2388 over the 8010. The 8010 is overkill for my area plus you would have to run atleast a 36ft header if not bigger to keep it full in are low wheat yields. I never considered buying a 14_16 series because of certain design limitations in my opinion. In fact, the 2388s they have now are really the first axial flows I will consider but probably won't buy because of my JD dealer's excellent service. Plus, they need to add a bigger unloading auger to the 2388. You can get the 17" auger on the JD 9660 STS. Don't know if it is true or not but I have heard JD is selling a lot of the 9560 STSs. If thats the case, then CNH is shooting themselves in the foot. I also think the 2377 is not the answer. What is there to stop farmers from buy the lower priced 2377, adding a power chip and grain tank extensions to get a 2388. About the wear issues. I don't think the STS wears all that bad in small grains which what I grow in MT. I have heard the opposite in corn_bean. I looks to me that the STS design is more targeted towards small grains. In fact, I don't see how the tine seperation works in corn and beans. They derived the tine seperation design from the CTS which didn't work very good in corn_beans which is why they only made them for rice and small grains.

foot_n_mouth

Ya right! When I have a CaseIH dealer thirty minutes away and the cat dealer who does not even push the Cat combine is two and a half hours away.

camaro92z

I agree with you 44mac!!!!!!!! I bought one of the last 2366 this summer because that is the best combine International and CaseIH ever built. I wanted the most simple, reliable combine to harvest my 1500 acres. I's sad no one sells a 1000-2000 acre machine anymore. This one will have to do me, as more acres are only a pipe dream here. Ted CenOH

Anteater6788

After CNH delveloped the AFX rotor for the 7010_8010 they found that by putting it in the 2388 it would increase it's capacity enough to run with a 7010 and the 2388 is alot cheaper to build and sell. There are still several prototype 7010s around and I know there have been several running on a large farm in extreme southeast Iowa this fall. I think that if CNH can get enough more capacity out of the 7010 to give it an advantage over the 2388 it will be back on the market. If that happens maybe Buhler could buy the tooling for the 2366_2388 combines so the smaller to mid sized farmers will be able to afford a new combine.

low_end_torque

the sts, I think, looks closer to a copy of the massey rotor. agree_ disagree I just say they don't even have the courage to call it a rotor. I have heard of problems with the 8010, hope they get it fixed.

Big_Truck

You guy's want to live in Europe!!!! We have any amount of smaller acreage combines being marketed by the big players,check out: Claas.co.uk JohnDeere.co.uk CNH.co.uk MasseyFerguson.co.uk JD will not discontinue the WTS series combines in Europe anytime soon as the STS has failed miserably because of the need to bale alot of straw.