Combines p ssed at the 8010

TwinSilvers

Deere IS, in fact, selling a pile of 9560 STS's, according to my local dealer. He has 4 of them already on order for next year delivery.

silver_shoes

Wanna hear my thoughts on this deal, well the way I figure it NH had a really good rotor setup (afx) and decided to make a big showing with this new combine. Problem is they should have just introduced the rotor in the 2388 and waited a couple years before they started with a new machine and new problems. They are losing costumer loyalty because they tried to chew to big of a piece to quickly.

Silver_Shoes

WHITE had the first rotor single rotor with an auger type intake. Massey bought it and now alot of other companies are copying this system with success. Massey still has the least moving parts than and of its competitors. It does do justice to give Massey credit for the system. Anyways I thought that was just the ticket for the 2388 when the afx rotor came out, I thought it was a nice way to enhance a very simply minded machine and then they concentrated on the 8010 simple made complicated

FR

Yes that is a typo lol. 8 row head. I really do not like this combine the longer I run it the more I dislike it.

low_end_torque

seems to me most people loved their 2388 and don't want them to go

Wind

OK, NH did not develop the AFX rotor, CaseIH did. That rotor was experimented with as early as 1992, long before the NH deal came about. The problem was that Case management did not want to spend the $$ needed to bring the machine to market. Fact of the matter is that the CIH boys had a machine that would wallop the 8010 in the field. Case's management was in it only for the cash, riding many dead horses until it was too late. The 2388 was maxed out, the AFX rotor did make some improvements, but the head carrying capacity was not there to convert to a 12 row head very easily. Face it, what was Case before IHIJ A tractor only company, that is why the bucks went to the MX Magnum project instead of the combine.

gm

I agree with needing smaller combines for the little guy just the problem is the companies can't make money off of them because the majority of the new combines sold go to the guys that want the big ones. Just as an example the New Holland CR 920 was discontinued because they only sold 2 of them last year so it wasn't viable to produce them.

Rotor_Man

The last axial-flow combines might go like the last JD model D "streeter" tractors. JD quit producing D's and started building R's in the production line. Farmers who had driven faithfull old D's for 25 years(kinda like the axial-flow) suddenly learned that they could no lomger buy a new D. JD got such a rush of orders for new D tractors that they set a crew to assembling D tractors from parts in the street between the assembly plants,thus the last few hundred D's are called streeter models because of where they were built :)

TwinSilvers

Very interesting! I also heard that Deere got a "rush demand" for the 2355's and 2555's after the introduction of the 5000 series, so much so that they temporarily went back into production.