Combines R42 rear spindles

johnboy

New 2 gleaner.I said it was common here to break them,i have snapped one.Iwas only doing 3 mph at the time so i was lucky. Most of the combines here get driven from job to job not trucked and the road work puts extra stess on the spindles bouncing up and down. As well the 72s carry a lot more weight than the 42s.When they released the case 2188s they found that they were breaking cab mounts on contractors machines here and so case fixed that little problem up. I lived and worked in Nth America for a while and i found that your harvesting conditions are usually different to Australian cond. so we can put stess on components that you guys don't. When you only get around $11 per acre and the 72s are around $380 000 with the 36 ft. header these machines do get pushed. john

T__langan

WOW! I'm not sure I would harvest at $11_acre if I had a Gleaner E let alone an R72! Going rate around here is about $25_acre with some sappers only charging $20. They usually only run a year or two and their old machines die anyhow. They are more of an annoyance than anything, kinda like those gnats that buzz around your ears in the summertime. ;) Tom langan