Combines Rotor speed creeps up

John_W

But with each state having two Senators giving states like South Dakota as many votes as big states like California the ag community has a leg up on a lot of other business interests when it comes time for passing out money.

PETE

If the senerio you present comes true and it may very well happen, the governments will nationalize agriculture so the farmers don't "gouge" the public with high grain prices. It is OK for big oil to do that but they have the political clout. With the steady decline in the number of farmers it will be easy politically to nationalize agriculture........for the good of the masses (i.e. the current eminant domain debacle). Hope I'm wrong, Pete Hinrichsen

Nobul

Current price here in Ontario Canada for wheat in the ground now for harvest next July is about $3.10 Can_bus, $115 Can_metric tonne, average yield 75-85 bu_acre (2.2 mt_acre). Soft reds, hard reds. Soft whites add $.25-.50 and hope for quality and close yields. No durum types here, a wesrtern thing. Not much gubermint support, maybe $15-20_acre. $1Aus=$1.05Can I thinkIJ

mo_farm

Oh yes the deer and all the other cuddley creatures belong to the state, but they are not resposible for them if you happen to hit one with your vehicle. Often wondered what would happen if one of my cows steped out in front of a highway patrol car and bashed the front of it in. Think the state would let me off with out paying for the damageIJ

R_O_M

My jaw just totally hit the floor at "not much gubermint support, maybe $15-20_acre". The average Australian grain grower would view that level of support with utter disbelief if it was ever offered to him. He does not get a single dollar in direct support from the government and probably never will. And he does not get much any other way either. I could comment on some very spurious claims about supposed Australian subsidies being made by a north american political grain organisation which has generated a lot of unneccessary and very unfortunate anti american anger down here, but I will refrain as I most certainly do not wish to offend any of my very respected friends on this site. Cheers.