Combines round bar concaves

WTW

What kind of extensions do you have nowIJ You can always pull wires in either the small grain or universal concave extensions and do a fine job. The round bar extensions will not work well in wheat.

AGCOfan

Just the standard extensions that came with the combine. So they will have to come out in WheatIJ I think that's what I heard, $1400 might be too high but if I remember correctly thats what I heard. Take care, Nathan

greengoose

I ran the round bar in the 8010 for a day this fall.. I would have to say with the conditions we had here in ontario to take corn off.. they worked great zero plugging of trash. Couldn't tell you what there like in beans, personally I dont think i'll even try.

dumbfarmer

what would be the difference between round bar concaves and regular ones that are worn down so the edges are rounded offIJ

Brodale

I haven't seen these round bar ones yet but they are suppose to prevent the concave from plugging in corn.

Varment

Have been using them for 6 or 7 years now . love them especially for white and specialty beans . In corn they are more gentle . Seed dealer was out doing a weigh plot and commented on there being almost no fines and cracked kernals in the sample . Got mine from CaseIH as a proto type set . Not sure if they offer them for sale or not . Only draw back I have seen is that in tough thrash soys they will leave some single bean pods unthrashed . A set of cover plates fixed that the same as I have had to do with the large wire concaves of old . Have never had them plug in corn . The large wire OEM concaves are a real brut to clean if they do plug up . Joe