Combines sick of junk 1020 s

IH1985

We added flight extensions to the auger and removed nearly all of the fingers. 1020 feeds better then with all the fingers and plus it's easier on the bean.

Anteater6788

Yes the 12 degree's forward tilt is required on the 1020 to cut closer, Young's changes the angle on the sickle to keep it low while the head is angled back. The steeper forward angle also requires that the beans be pulled uphill to reach the auger but the full fingered auger should solve most of that problem. I don't know why CIH doesn't offer their heads with the full fingered and stainless steel floor plates. I think the Axial Flow combines are as good as anything on the market but I really think they need to do some updating on their heads, the 1020 is about 10 years outdated and other than the hydrualic deck plates from what I've heard the 2200 series corn heads aren't an improvement from the 1000 series.

JWK

Hello Anteater, Thanks for the info. I just received a 3 minute computer video from Kendall on his Full finger auger. If you request it the video is worth it to look into....I showed my dealer the video on their computer and I get the feeling they don't accept farmer proven results. The manager just talked about the new 2020 headers that have the extra fingers.....Cold feeling. JWK

dave_morgan

We pull the fingers and install the auger flight extentions...feed AOK and eliminate all the works with the fingers. in the bargain comes more strength in the center of the cross auger and no more worrys about bent or broken fingers cutting the auger.