Combines Switched to lexion

Unit_2

Sorry Combine Wizard for calling you Cornking in the other post. That is one thing I really like about the other place, if one makes a fool of himself he can go back and correct it. Here you kind of gotta live with it.

Combine_Wizard

Unit 2, I will agree about the site navigation. Over there, for example, you can go to the Case-IH, Deere, or whatever page, and for each topic, you have to click on the each individual thread or topic. Here, everything is just laid out in the open, once the page is clicked on. Finding the discussions is easier--just scrolling up or down. I still say this is a good site, but will not back down in stating it needs some upgrades, and even Marvin knows that. Maybe after 8 years, he is just so overwhelmed by his rotor bar and now sieve business, he has no serious time to update or even monitor this site like he used to. He also had his own harvest run, but I wonder if he's even still doing that, what with all the economic drawbacks and such, but there's always a demand for combine parts and components. Still, as I said above, the other forum is really nice for more interaction and will allow new members to register and post pictures.

Harvester

Thanks, that is exactly the intention is to somehow get this information to Case. I have a great deal of respect for Case; I think they make a lot of good iron, and the 8010 has the potential to be the big combine the company needs. I am not the one who emailed you this spring, as I am not in the market for one. But I do get to help a lot of friends and customers with their machines and that's what they_we have experienced. We get to run them side by side as well, and here the 8010 didn't excel as you witnessed, other than the cab. I have a "laundry list" of sorts on all machines, including the lexion. The difference with the lexion is that very few if any of the issues are performance or reliability related. The machine does an incredible job in every aspect of performance. Put the 8010 cab on the lexion combine and there's one impressive machine. Make it turn and steer as maneuverably as an 8010 or STS and it's almost perfect. But when it comes to doing what a combine is supposed to do, Claas has done a great job. As far as service rates, here the Cat dealer works on ag. equipment cheaper than the Case dealer does. Their ag rates are far cheaper than on construction equipment and I would have to believe that others do it the same way. They can't price their service out of the market. Their support has been quite good compared to Case and Deere as well.

CORNKING

Mr Wizard could you repost where the other site is at please. And THANKYOU!

Combine_Wizard

CORNKING, here it is. Enjoy your visit. combineforums.proboards42.com

Combine_Wizard

CORNKING, here it is. Enjoy your visit. combineforums.proboards42.com

canuck

Sorry to hear about all your troubles with the 2188. I believe it i somewhat unusual though. I also wish there were more North American manufacturers to chose from. Too bad Massey left us. The lexion is a good machine .The only negative is that it is a foreign machine, while the locals are starving....and 2006 looks worse yet

rod

I think I left the wrong impression about my 2188. I feel I put a lot of money into it for the hours, but most of the repairs were done offseason or during wet periods. It very seldom broke down in the field. My 1010 header was the usual cause of down time. The 2188 stayed in the field because I replaced things when they got worn, before they broke. Overall it has been a great dependable machine and because of the maintenace it will be a great machine for the next owner also.

Big_Al

I usually deal with Ken but I have dealt with Ron on occasion they are both good guys. Their service manger Rod is also a great guy he has helped me out with warrantee issues several times. They treat a customer right.

farmboy

We had issues with our 04' 8010. Case stood behind the machine. We were upset with CASE to say the least. We had lexion team out on our farm with their foreigner, bad cab, and the whole nine yards. Ran them side by side and couldn't really tell a difference. We traded our 04 in on an 06. I could go through a list of things I hated about the lexions too. Man, if they would just fix some of those cab issues, little cheap releases on the inspection port to the rotor, access panels to the machine, and I can't remember all the other problems, I tried to supress them. Who do I call to get my lexion worked onIJ Our neighbors had just as many problems running their deere as we did with our 8010, our other neighbors had just as many problems with their lexion as we did our 8010.