Combines TR 86

TR

Make sure you look at one with Ford engine as opposed to the CAT. Ford engine is little better on fuel and power. New Holland used the CAT engine until 1984 then went to the ford diesel.

Shane_IN

I would have to disagree about the Cat having less power. We got a loaner one with a Cat in it and it was way way more powerful and could move through the fields faster getting more done per gallon of fuel. Plus the Cats start better in the cold. Don't shy away from any NH combine!

NHD

I vote for the Ford engines hands down. I will concede the ease of starting the Cat, but nothing more. I actually refused to drive the Cat's a few years ago cause they were so d____ noisy. It sounded to me like a bunch of big rocks rolling around in a concrete mixer with an amplifier added. I've had 11-12 NH TR's and never been dissatisfied. The low maintenance costs are impressive. It's the only combine we've been able to take out west and successfully operate without having a parts and repair man in sight.

Yo

Where would I be able to find one of these vertical augersIJ I have never heard of either of these companies. Also what years were these machines madeIJ The dealer says this machine is a 1993 model.

Shane_IN

I suppose I like the Cat's so much cause we have several on the farm. One in our TR95, one in an old MF 1800 4wd, and one in an '88 Chevy TopKick. They all have plenty of power and seem to be good on fuel as long as they don't run at low rpm's. These babys like to rev! But I agree they are a bit louder than the Ford (Navistar really),and are louder than a comparable Cummins but the lack of maintaince on these Cat's is just as impressive as the NH combines, makes for a great combo in my opinion. But I do like the Ford, at least I can't really complain anyways. Have a good New Year!

NHD

Yo, both Maurer and S.I.Distributing have web sites showing their grain tank bubble-up augers. Maurer makes the flared out grain tank extension and many other ag items including chaff spreaders. S. I distributing is famous for it's belt meters for seed singulation metering on grain drills, the Easy-cut combine sickles, the German sickle drive, and many other ag items. S.I. explains how there system works on their web site.Hope this helps. Don

TwinRotor

The 7.8l Ford diesel is a good engine. You can run this engine as hard as u want and it just keeps going. I've seen it start up in 30 degree weather and go right to full throttle and stay there all day long and not miss a beat. ITS TOUGH

john_holland

We have a TR 86 with the ford engine and s cubed rotors. It is a good machine. I don't know about compared to a 1680, but I will tell you how ours does. corn: 6 rows 2.5 mph wet 4 mph dry running 200 bu soybeans: 22ft flex 3.5 mph 45 bu We use ours for oats also, it loves beans that feed evenly and dry oats, it growls some in corn and hates wet oat bunches. I think you will find a very clean sample and good capacity in dry wheat, I don't know about tough wheat. the s cubed rotors are absolutely necessary and the ford motor has more power, but it also uses a lot of fuel. It is easy to fix on and not too hard to set. good luck

Shane_IN

Have a TR86 here too. Not sure about what rotors it has but with a 20' table can run 4-4.5 mph in 45 bpa beans and about 3-3.5 in barley shaving the ground rather than just cutting the heads off. Use a TR95 for corn mostly so our 6 row head for the TR86 sits most of the time. Good machine with a clean sample.

Shane_IN

I have to correct myself. Those beans were running 52 bpa rather than 45, what a good surprise to me!