Combines wobble box

Mlaw

Just wondering if you still had the oil bath wobble box for sale. I have 1 new style 1010 header with oil bath and i like it, looking for another one to convert on an older 1010 with old style WB. Do you know if this can be done. Regards, Mlaw

silverbean

Was wondering if you are talking about the front and rear bearings or the left and right. My wobble box is sloppy on the front and rear cup bearings... How in the world do you get the wobble box out - and the bearingsIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ can anyone help meIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ I believe it is on a series 2 beanhead late 70's model.

NDDan

They are a very close steel to steel fit and know of no update. Regular greasing should keep them clean and fresh. As far as silverbeans prior to series three box I would go to CIH to see if they have rebuilts. We only had like one of them years ago but I believe they still run it and they go to CIH when needing another rebuilt. They are similiar to what we have on series three heads since '82 but miniture in size. Best of luck

Hyper_Harvest_II

silverbean, If you are needing to replace the front and rear bearings and cups, you will need to unbolt and remove wobble box from header to be disassembled. Then remove top cover halves and unbolt lH and RH flanges and loosen bottom flange bolts, then remove trunnion carrier and crankshaft from support. Remove three bolts that hold front and rear bearing covers with shims and then we remove the outer cage and rollers by cutting cage with side cutters. We then cut inner bearing race with torch.(Make certain that stubshafts are tight in trunnion housing,if they are loose you will need trunnion housing.Bearings should also be tight on stubshafts,if not you will need new stubshaft.) You will need to order new bearings,cups,and dust shields to rebuild. Also check to make sure that trunnion crankshaft bearings do not have any play. When reassembling front and rear bearings we usually drill the bearing caps so they are greaseable like the Series III wobble box.(This makes sure that these bearing get grease since you are only supposed to give these wobble boxes 6 pumps of grease per season.)This also helps in shimming the bearings to obtain .003-.005 preload on front and rear bearings by using a dial indicator to check end play through grease holes. Not that difficult of job,just takes time. If you are in midst of harvest I would suggest taking to dealer or somebody that has worked on this style wobble box as we have seen wobble box fail due to misadjustment of bearings. Hyper Harvest II

silverbean

How do you get the pulley offIJIJIJ It is threaded on with no nut--which way do I spin it and can I hit itIJIJ any tricksIJIJ

tbran

we use a 1" impact after blocking shaft and applying heat only to about 300-400 degrees - do not heat red . Most truck tire service centers will be able to do this. Only way we have found. this is a hart carter box and the same used by MF-gleaner up to about 83 and much later by ih IH used to be stamped on the pulley - if one ever is looking for used parts.

silverbean

I do not have a nut on the pulley the pulley itself is threaded to the shaft so a 1" sockect does me no good. How do I get the pulley off without breaking it. I cannot remove the wobble box without taking the pulley off...

Gleamer

Would it be a left hand thread, tightens itself while turning forwardIJ Turn clockwise to removeIJ A little torch heat other than on the shaft.. Make a wrench out of a piece of flatbar by clamping to the side of the pulley.. Just a few ideas

Hyper_Harvest_II

Most all of those cast sheaves had a jamnut next to sheave.Once that was removed then the sheave had a hex cast into sheave to use a socket to remove.(1 11_16" if I rememger right.)As Tbran said a little heat will help in removal.The thread is regular RH thread so you will need to turn counterclockwise like a normal bolt to remove.You mention you don't have a nut shape cast to sheave. Has it been broken offIJIf there is nothing to put a socket on then you will need to come up with a chain wrench to wrap around sheave and you will probably need a lot of heat to get sheave loose. The problem with a lot of heat is it will crack the spokes of the sheave as it cools.Been there done that. Hyper Harvest II