Combines WTB Used 30 Flex for C62 8680

strawwalker

I converted my 500 series head that I was running on a R52 to work on my C62. I had to remove the header mounting frame and widen it out to 60". It was a bit of work but fits on perfectly, only problem is that the auger feeds more to one side. Someone told me that Gleaner sells a kit to modify the auger but I haven't done it yet.

strawwalker

I switched from an R52 to a C62 for the same reason. We do a lot of grain for dairy farmers and they all like the straw from the conventional. I also find the C62 better in soybeans (especially when the stalks are green) than the R52. With a 20' head on the R52 we used to be down to about 2 mph in a heavy crop with a lot of green in it. The C62 has incredible capacity. I've never heard the cylinder slow down. I do however find the C62 to be high maintenance. I've got 1550 engine hours and am on the 3rd conveyor belt. Also have had a lot of problems with jumping chains and broken bars in the feeder house, although I think I now have this under control. Problem was worn cylinder bars. Would be interested in what kind of problems you've had with your C62.

strawwalker

Do you know where your neighbour bought his R52 IJ I traded my R52 and although I really liked that engine I always found it to go through a lot of oil. May have been the way it was maintained before i bought it. We change the oil in all our combines 100 hours max.

SilverTurnedGreen

Hello strawwalker, I actually had very few mechanical problems with my C62; - just excessive walker loss (especially in barley),and the above-mentioned mods seemed to solve this problem. I'm on my 2nd conveyor belt and will soon be on my third, but I don't see this as being a big-deal. Most of my mechanical problems were with the Cummins; - this combine had a difficult time staying out of it's own way originally, and AGCO was of NO assistance to me whatsoever. I bided my time the first year and then had my local truck mechanic "work his magic" on the injector pump; - now everything seems fine, although I'm guessing that she's pushing well over 300 horsies now. This past season has been virtually trouble-free.

strawwalker

I've had no problems with the Cummins, and compared to the Deutz that was in my R52 the Cummins is a real powerplant. Pushing it hard into 80 bu wheat the rpm never drops more than 50 rpm from no load. But for me the C62 has been a learning experience, as I said in my previous post I've been pulling my hair our because of the number of times I've had to work on the rear feederhouse conveyor, but I have finally figured out the problem which was the worn cylinder bars. The new ones are chrome so they should last a lot longer. The black ones were showing a lot of wear when I bought the combine at 600 sep. hrs. Do you have any problems with 'backfeeding' with yours IJ I haven't experienced a lot of walker loss. What size of head and speed are you going IJ I'm only running a 20" head at about 4mph in heavy barley.