Combines need help

Dan

Matt, Are you sure left side is downIJ Normally if machine had a head without the far right counter balance the left side would be raised up a bit. Maybe the right side was lowered and locked there. Yes remove belts and pulley to get at the right side. Pulley comes off eazy but is very heavy. Good luck. Dan

Tom

Hey Matt, Make sure your wobble box spring isnt holding up the sickle making it look like the head isnt level. Tom Russell

acre_eater

Found something that I had never thaught of before . On the tilt adjustment one side was ahead of the other by quite alot. Evend them up put the head back on looks alot better but have not been to the feild yet.

l3

I think that bolt pattern is the same as an l (and probably the M). We put 30.5 x 32's on our l3 and used wheels from a White 4 wheel drive tractor. They had a better offset for mud clearance than the Gleener wheels we found. You'll have to take out one of your bolts to see if the hole size is compatable, otherwise the M wheels might work.

Tom

Wold Wheel in northern Iowa will make wheels any way you want them for a reasonable price. We do business with them on the phone and have wheels shopped to our place. If you are interested, I can look up their phone number. Tom Russell

Ed

Dave, this is a different train of thought but if you are simply trying to get away from the deep lugs of your current tires, why not simply replace the tires with regular treadIJ I was surprized recently to learn how close the footprint of a 24.5-32 is to a 30.5-32. Firestone lists them at 430 and 450 square inches, flat plat, respectively. I found this out when I was wondering if my new grain buggy had large enough tires. Just a thought. Ed.

Dave

I guess I had never passed that one though my mind. I will look into this tomorrow. Thanks, this is why I asked. I was just thinking bigger tires and not changing to a regular tire.

Ed

Dave, I just spoke to lars at Shantz Farm Equipment in Alma Ontario. He has 2 sets of 30.5-32 tires and wheels. The right rims for your machine. 75% tread for $2400 canadian. Phone n is 519-638-3317. Quite a drive but ...

Dave

Yes I could give them a call. I have found that the hold size and pattern is not going to work with the older combines like l and M with out drilling and ( cut to fit, paint to match) work.

Dave

Ed, I have found out more about tires than I ever knew was possible. I talked to my tire dealer about the flat plate you mentioned and I found out just as you did not much difference between the 24.5 and 30.5. He quoted 363 inches and 468 inches,(Goodyear),but what I found out also was that Michelin makes an XM28 size 650_75R 32 same as 24.5 x 32 and it has 486 inches of flat plate and cost was the same as a 30.5 bias tire and I did not have to buy rims. Thanks for your idea, I think the Michelin tires will work out great. I have cut wheat two days with them and they seem to be the answer.