Combines need help

iaremec

probably won't be too much of a campaign till fall or winter because production is all sold. to get one by this year is probably impossible. have a friend geting a 8010. hope to see it operate. will probably be in a training [service]session in june. will learn more then.

phgmarieta

dear friend please esnd me your e-mail to ask you in future for the work of the machine

iaremec

tried e-mailing you but no answer so will give to you this way. some things i can't put on talk line.

Dr_Allis

The only chaffer I have ever used with success in tough corn conditions is the square tip deep tooth (not the round end deep tooth) and modify it so the front 7 or 8 rows are independent.

tj

In our area, where corn is going into feedlots, it's sometimes cut at around 35% moisture. To help alleviate this problem we'll sometimes remove every other row of rotor bars, at least over the concave, to give ears more room to get into the threshing area and allow more crop on crop thresh. Cylinder speed usually at around 275 -- 300 RPM.

HEIFER

Thanks for the help, My N5 and R50 each had the long tooth corn seive,I was told not available for the long shoe on newer R52. I will do some research on it over the winter. Thanks again.

kernal

We use round end corn chaffers on R52 long shoe.There is also a square end corn chaffer available which will keep out broken cob but reduces capacity.Why is cob breakingIJIs your concave adjusted properly.14 sounds too wide.We set concave to crop conditions as follows:take an average cob and take 1_2 kernals off--this is front concave opening.Shell rest of kernals off--this is top_upper concave setting.Make sure concave curve is gradual and not excessive in middle.leave Email address for more information. located in south western Ontario.

Brodale

Is there snow on the cornIJ If there is it will melt and cause everything to stick to the seives unless the temperature is about -8C or colder.

HEIFER

Yes there is snow on corn, but we are running only when it is below 25 degrees f. I have been running concave at 12, and it was working good, I tried setting of 8 and 12, and 14 seemed to be the best. I don't have email so I can't receive the information from you. Sorry. like I.said it o nly seems to be one variety. It was planted late, june 4th, and seems the cob is imature.the kernals are 1_2" long and wide, so Ihave to run seive open more than usual. The corn is light in test weight, about 53lbs per bushel,but running about 140bu_acre,dry, pretty good for late corn in this area just south of london. I only have 20 acres left of this variety so will struggle thru. Merry Christmas everyone.I really enjoy this web site and read it just about every night and have learned from it.

NDDan

Here's some things to think about if you can't get away from them cobs. Drop front half of concave per other suggestions (I would suggest to remove wear strip just behind trap door if adjusting toward MAX while at the larger concave settings). Can't remember if the '96 has the high wire rear thresher section of concave but could be adapted if you choose. I believe it was an option on the front half of thresher concave in '96. Think about tweaking helicals above feeder to prevent second pass over concave. Your seperator grate is surely low wire and you might want to build them up to help prevent breaking cobs. less cylinder bars or sweeps will help prevent breakage of cobs on seperator side also. Might want to check with your dealer to see if they extended top helical into discharge area and what they think of these other ideas to prevent cob breakage. Good luck