Combines 8820

Grain_Reaper

No need to worry, when that Gleaner starts to rust out you can just use some "Gleaner Weld", (duct tape). What's up Terry!

AJTIII

Dale, I've got an 8820 TII and love it. I farm corn and soybeans in Ohio. I've got a 25ft. platform and an 8 row corn head and it does a nice job with plenty of power. I've heard the Internationals have alot less moving parts on them and they do a wonerful job in high moisture corn and the 1660's have a lot of capacity. I guess it comes down to price, cab in the center or off to the side, dealer support and how good of condition and amount of hours the machines you are looking at have. let us know what you buy. AJTIII

Davedan

Hi there sir. I used to own an 8820 with a 24 ft head and had fatigue problems with the stock feeder house even with that narrow head attached. I would check the rear outside panels for cracks and weather they were repaired correctly. If you dont see any then they recently replaced these plates. The machine will handle the 30ft head but the feederhouse wont. Also has this machine been shedded in the off season,ever been on fire,ever broke the shaker shoeIJ Shoe problems in the 8820s are common because of the added weight and capacity. Hows the bars and concaveIJ how many seasons on the feeder chain and walkers tooIJ let me know what you come up with Or if you have any more questions, id be glad to lend a hand. Take care and Good luck

AJTIII

Jon, I've got an 1988 8820 TII and love it! I run a 25ft grain head and an 8 row corn head. Combine has plenty of power for what I need. It has rear wheel assist and its been trouble free. I posted a note on this page a little while back about putting a 30ft head on and was advised not to because of the throat breaking out. I don't have any cracks on my machine but think its a good idea to stick with the 25ft head just to be on the safe side. If your machine has duals and_or your on flat ground maybe the 30 footer will workIJ Good luck.

jddoctor

In regard to the 8820 you should also watch the condition of the area around the concave support. Also look at the conditon of the grain tank floor.

jddoctor

In regard to the 8820 you should also watch the condition of the area around the concave support. Also look at the conditon of the grain tank floor.

azcutter

your combine is a 1986 model. 1986 started with 615401, 1985 started at 610701, 1987 started at 620401. hope this helps. AZCUTTER

Big_Al

If the 8820 you are getting is not a Titan 2 model don't buy it the first 8820's had several issues the Titan 2 models were a far better machine. The way to tell the difference is the titan 2 models all had the green top on the cabs the other ones were yellow tops.

Deerebines

I thought the first titans (titan I) had a green top as well. Only the turbo series were yellow roofIJ

greenstrat

only differences in '84 and older models are reverser, cleaning fan shroud, elec. display in cab, longer sieves, heavy rear axle.The last thing is a must on all and may have already been changed. I beleive you will have machine width issues on the 8820 with a 6 row head. Their is nothing wrong with any of the older models, everyone thinks having yellow paint on the cab roof is a big deal, but it only makes it cost more. I ran a 6620 in up to 240 bu. corn for 18 years and it never had a problem getting it all in the bin. JMHO.. gs