Combines case ih headers

Kev_in_iowa

I need to lenghten the harvest day and wondered if puting the poly kit on in place of the transition tin would help this.. In green stem seed soybeans a little damp means the head feeds very bunchy, not what you want after dark. If the harvest on these beans gets to long they get drier than 14% which we can get a bonus for. Equipment 1644, 1020 15foot 1.5 space knife, 2_3 hold down clips, poly under, plastic tine rod style reel. Dad wanted a 20 footer but this one keeps the combine busy in 55 bpa beans and I like staying ahead of the dust cloud. Any help would be nice, central Iowa ideal. If more data is needed just ask..This is my first posting here if I do it wrong im sorry.

Al

I'm wondering if anyone had tried using Britton milo guards to combine sunflowers.

t_leslie

i have a customer in need of 15" corn head, would prefer 16row built on 8row30 frame, customer will lease or buy your head, wants to use on gleaner r62 we will handel the adaptor.

CJ

We have a 1063 corn head and seem to have a lot of cobs on the ground after harvest. We put high side panels at both ends of the head and can't see anything going over there but as hard as you look you can't see where they are getting by. A friend of mine has a Byron head on his 1660 and he leaves hardly anything on the ground but trading heads is out of the question. Any advice.

tootall

Just started cutting soybeans and stems are green and tough and beans are testing 9%. I just put a new sickle in at the end of last year and got along find. All spacings on sickle are per recommendations of book. With the tough early cutting conditions I can not keep the bolts tight that hold the sickle to the wobble box and my cutting stubble left behind is not as clean as I would like to see. My platform is 7 years old and I am running the older style wobble box. The belt is adjusted to specs. Any suggestions would be appreciatedIJ There does seem to be some play in the pto shaft the comes across from the feeder house to the platform drive, is that acceptable or should that be solidIJ

Keith

I am having trouble with my 1020 gouging dirt. I have tried tipping the throat back to get the gaurds running level but then it pushes dirt back underneath the head. There seems to be a fine line between too much tip back and not enough. Is there a way to put a level on the head somewhere and level it to where the throat angle is correct. If I remember on the old 820's you did this on the back sheet of the header (IJ) but I don't think this works on the 1020.

steamboat_will

Help! We just got a 2188 (95 model year) with tracker and I can't get the blasted thing to work it just wants to drop the left side of the header in the dirt what do I need to look at the combinr aor the header it's old but is equiped with tracker control can anybody help. thanks will

Dumb_and_Dumber

We have field tracker and automatic header height on our 1063 corn head. When we finished beans and hooked up the corn head, it didn't work. What are the voltage readings out of the three wiresIJ I need to check both the field tracker and the auto head height. Thanks

Bryan

I just bought a 20 foot 820 header. I have been hearing stories that they do a terrible job of cutting. Can anyone share their experiences with the 820 series in soybeans.

Fuzz

I'am going to buy a new 1020 head, and I was debating on which was better 1.5 or 3in sickle for soybeans.