Combines Corn Head

mx270

all 3 are pretty much the same 863 being they very first head IH came out with on the Axial Flow the 963 is just a newer verison of the 863 the 1063 only has some major improvements and that is water pump berings means you don't have to grease them the only other difference is the 1063 uses a heavier drive chain and gear boxes otherwise there is not much difference

Marv

If I remember right, my 863 snapping roll frames were cracking at the welds towards the rear. I had to reweld them. The 963 and 1063 had additional braces to reinforce this area.

camaro92z

the 863 was built about 1977 to 1981IJ and had cast iron gearboxes. the 963 was built 1981IJ to 1985 and had alluminum gearboxes that lightened head by 400 lbs and case had problems with internal snap rings coming loose. and the 1063 built 1986 to 2000, which is what I run, It's been the best yet for me. Case has an all new head for 2001. Good luck!

weber

Hello there I have an 863 what is in fairly good shape what I would like to sell we went to 1083 for our 2188 and 2388, It is older model but is in very good shape and I have lots of new spare parts to go with it. I also have several new parts for a 1440, and I have a set of axle extensions for corn if your machine isnt already equipped with them. I have a near new set of small wire concaves with maybe 200 acres of wheat run through them, I think I have extra sieves also I would have to check on them though feel free to E-mail me if interested in any of these.

Silver_Pride

lodermeirs Equipment in GoodHue Mn has a 2000 6row 30" corn head with lateral tilt. Don't know what they are asking for it though.

Illinois_Gleaner

Might try Kuhn's in Arthur Il. The last time I was there they had an 8-38 hugger

Silverbullet

Do you know the phone number or e-mail address. Thanks for the information. What part of the state is KuhnIJ I am in central Arkansas.

Illinois_Gleaner

South Central Illinois Arthur Illinois is just west of Interstate 57 maybe 20 miles west of Tuscola.I'll try to find the number it should be on the Massey web site They are a Massey and Gleaner dealer

DK_in_MN

Is the cornhead wide or narrow rowIJ If it's narrow it won't work as the dual will hit the standing corn rows knocking ears off.

ian

I have a 2388 that I have dual 20.8 -38 tires on and there is about 10 inches on either side for clearance . the trick is to get the right wheels and axel extenion for your application.And this is on 6-30 " rows.