Combines Corn Head

99_9410

We use them. They do a great job of chewing the stalks down, especially when they're on the green side. They do steal a little horsepower, which isnt a problem for us, since we just run a 4 row, but we also ran them with our 6620 with no problem at all.

wild_bill

the mechanic at our local dealer said the only cornheads he had trouble with were the ones with pixall rollers. good luck

T__langan

Those pecker-sized ears are a real problem. We run into those problems too in a dry year or corn that's on poor ground. If you set the stripper plates close enough to get them, then the stalks won't feed through easily. We've found that letting them go through is the best bet - and being sure to catch the larger ears. Be sure to make sure the blades on the snapping rolls have a good, square edge - if not, may need to turn them around or replace. Rounded edges lessen the agressivness of the snapping rolls. Good luck- Tom langan

T3

You might try removing the ear saver flaps. We have had to do this in dry years when the ear is small.

The_Gleaner_Guys

Hello----We would have a 536 hugger. Real nice header new knives, sprockets, and gathering chains. If interested let us know. 402-643-3290 Where are you located atIJIJ Thanks, Dave

unit_3

We have one that runs on a 84 N6 that always sits indoors. We also have a reel for down corn for it as well. Burt, Iowa.

nebraska_farmer

john, are they just rustyIJ if so just spray or brush slip plate on them, i did that to an old IH head we used to have, works great. also, there should be good used tin at combine junk yards. i bought a used head from a junk yard that was in better shape than what i had.