Combines Corn Head

Tiger_Cat

Justapurrin, I'm located in SE Iowa. I sent pictures to CATFARMER. If interested I'll send to you also. Tiger Cat

big_orange

Slow the rate of raise and lower,and the head should stop bouncing.

Illinois_Gleaner

Yes your R72 will handle a 12. I have shelled with a 12 for about 7 years. Not sure what yields you are looking at, but your cleaning capacity will be your limiting factor. I have shelled 35 to 185 bu corn with my 12 row. In 185 you will not run off and leave anyone.3 to 3.5. I usually run around 3.5 to 4.0 in 150 bu corn. That is fast enough to keep it hauled a way. IG

Kurt

I have been running a 12 row since 2000, I don't think you need the corn seive, I never thought they cleaned as good as the regular seive. Have you change to all foward bars in the rotarIJ Or better yet put in a CDF rotar, it is amazing the difference in capacity, getting a cleaner sample, and savings in fuel. I think I used 10-15% less fuel both in corn and wheat. As far as corn head goes, the adjustable deck plant are really nice expecially like in my case I cut both a lot of dry land corn and irrigated corn. I also like having lateral tilt on the combine if you cut over terraces or rough ground. Just my thoughts Kurt

tbran

I isn't smart, but 71379952 is a weldment kit, about 6-8 hours to install. Need welder, cutting torch, hand tools and about a grand plus a hundred dollar bill on a stock order plus your labor . I installed one a few yrs back. Worked well and one had to look hard to see it was not factory. Speaking of hard looking, my MIl read me the directions as I worked._.........