Combines fuel prices

farmboy

I think I'm gonna have to start running farm fuel in my pickup truck, just hope I don't get caught.

Big_Truck

You guy's can't really complain,at this time I'm currently paying $5.71_USA gallon for my road Diesel here in the UK!!!!!!!!!!!

Big_Truck

I'm currently paying $5.71_US for a US gallon of road Diesel here in Northern Ireland,beat that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John_W

My calculator and reference book says that 3.78 liters make one US gallon. Perhaps we are getting "imperial" gallons mixed into the discussion, which have 4.55 liters.

nebraska_farmer

$1.89 per dyed gallon diesel here (farm fuel) road diesel is $2.20 per gallon. that's with .49 cents road tax added

Big_Truck

85 pence_litre at $1.78 to the 1.00 exchange rate (US dollars) makes the diesel $1.51_litre X 3.78 = $5.71_US gallon.

Dust

In Australia we get a diesel rebate of around 30cents_litre for farmers. Were hoping for a price drop to fill tanks before harvest but theres only about a week and a half before well kick off.

Dust

In Australia we get a diesel rebate of around 30cents_litre for farmers. Were hoping for a price drop to fill tanks before harvest but theres only about a week and a half before well kick off.

Bundy

We've just finished up here in QlD and I tell ya keeping the fuel up to 3 headers 2 chaser bins and a truck was not cheap this year!! Those STS's are thirsty compared to the walkers! Particularly with the fuel around the $1.10. Plus you've got to remember that we have to pay full price for the fuel initally, then work out how much was for farm use and apply for the rebate on the excise that the Gov put's on in the first place.

Ham

Funny about the GST.. We're not supposed to have a tax on a tax, but seems to me we do, since the GST is levied AFTER the fuel tax is applied. Ohh maybe its a levy and not a tax after all...IJ