Combines NFMS louisville

tbran

Agco had the largest display - due to Cat_Sunflower_sprayers_Agco_MF_combines_white planters_fendt_valtra_hesston. The main theme was the 'brand' marketing of MF and the 85th anniversary of Gleaner . Agco will follow with the brand marketing of AGCO _Hesston later in the same method . Agco will put a record $ amount into RandD this year as well as marketing. Very positive comments on the combines from the time I spent. I listened to person after person start comments to the Agco personnell with - "I was on the Gleaner talk site and ........ very good feedback.

Illinois_Gleaner

Dont waste your time if you are an old Allis Chalmers man. I will be surprized if they even have orange tractors in another year. Big 85th Gleaner aniversery. A85 R65 and that is it. I think one orange tractor. But go to MASSEY and they had everything there including the kitchen sink. Makes me sick. Every time I go down there,I say I am done with AGCO. It is only a matter of time till the orange tractors and Gleaner combines are gone. Everything will be Red,and I will be done with agco. IG

orange

Interesting, I feel as you do IG, if orange tractors and Gleaner combines are gone, I will go elsewhere as well. At that time, AGCO can close up shop in NA since the yellow and red don't have enough market share here to spit on.

dairyfarmer

i thought it was sickening also if i was there looking at new tractors and going to buy i actuallly gotta say i wouldnt be buying a agco or amssey or cat cause for a company who runs under the agco name it would be better to market more agco than any other i guess if you take into account theat spring green colored crapo with agcoplus on the side them they might have had the most tractors there and what teed me off more with all the big conglamerates is haveing college interns working that dont know how to pour water out of boot with the directions on the heal so if i would have been interested in something i would just ask my local dealer any of the big players booths that i looked at something in never came up to me to ask if i neede something any smaller company was asking me right away i goota agree if the orange and silver leave ther is going to be more deere on my farm also i already bought a deere haybine for similar reasons dairyfarmer

Russ_SCPA

I toured the louisville show for 2 days. I felt that from a stand point of "customer friendly" the AGCO people were much more pleasant than ANY of the other majors. The people at the Deere exhibit-----, let me put it this way, I went with it in mind to compare the 12-13 foot swing tongue disc mower-conditioners, it will definately NOT be a DEERE or NH.

Kaye2

I have to diasagree with some of the above posts, I saw the 85th anniversary presentation and thought it was very nice, made me proud to run galvanized. Two of the guys I was with bought an R-65 due to be delivered later this year and mr. Bien spent at least 45 minutes talking with us about the strengths of the transverse machines and how they are trying to improve on a great product. Never did I get the impression that Gleaner or the transverse design were leaving. Kevin went on to answer some questions on my other friends l3 and a problem he was having. The AGCO people were first class and KNEW THEIR STUFF forwards and backwards. AGCO had a very impressive display in total, representing the best brands in farming all under one corporate roof. There were at least three larger AGCO orange tractors, very sharp product! I won't crab, it's not A-C anymore but I am glad AGCO is what it is.

dairyfarmer

you must have a nicer dealer if you are going with a hesston i went with a deere on count of dealer support i had a hesston for 28 years and anytime i had a breakdown he didnt have anything for me to rent or use i had to go and rent form the deere dealer anyway the deere will pull easier i have pulled them all in the last four years and have figured that out the only thing i dont like on the deere is the belt on the back i have one coming just like the had there but a size smaller was trying to find out if that one was for sale yet cause as of now i have to wait till end of april would take that on if i could get it dairyfarmer

riceman

Well I for one am glad to see Massey do better. The combine is a quality product that had and still has room to grow. As for the tractors, the Agco, Challenger and Massey versions are All THE SAME. I'm in north east Arkansas. What I say doesn't matter a hill of beans but at one time Massey had a big following. So did Oliver, MM, IH, JD and Versatile. You couldn't give an orange tractor away here. Pretty much still the same. We run 2 Massey combines and a tractor. Other than us its all JD and CIH in this county. If Agco painted a Gleaner red would you guys still buy itIJ Cause you can see what Agco is trying to do. They are trying to get under a universal brand instead of a house full of relatives. looking at the world market they see that Massey is the better regognized brand. Ag is a global economy not just US based. When Deere buys up a company they paint it green and yellow and say tough sh*t to the few customers that wanted the original color. Under the paint its still the same machine.

Mike

I kind of agree. Sure seems like they are trying to push everything to the Massey name. I understand from a corporate prespective why this is adventageous. From a farmers perspective they will really struggle getting that name much widespread recognition. Farmers historically are brand loyal and if you take that Tye drill and paint it Massey red or the white planter and put a Massey sticker on it you will have guys leave over it. We are kind of in the same boat as you as we have dispersed all but one piece of Sunflower tillage equipment, the white planter has been gone for 4 years now and all the orange tractors are now blue. We've still got our R72 but in a year or so I'm sure going to look around before buying a new 75 or 85 and if it's got Massey on the side of it you can almost forget it for me. In my eyes a couple things really hurt AGCO. For starters no 4x4(the Challenger line is a joke because they are so far overpriced than red or green or blue and resale will be horrible). Secondly they tend to buy successful lines only to ride it's usefull life out(for example see Tye and Sunflower-two lines that have basically remained unimproved). Finally they just don't get much recognition in the marketplace in the US.

Russ_SCPA

I work with 3 superb AGCO dealers. Find all 3 easy to work with. I sure can't say the same about the others.