Combines NFMS louisville

orange

Tim, Thanks for the comments. I have heard that corporate has made a long term commitment to the Orange_Silver. I intend to 'keep the faith' and will look forward to the AGCO_Gleaner_Hesston "brand theme" going forward. Outside of Richenhagen, I can't imagine that management is so shortsighted to shoot themselves in the foot in what should be their largest market(NA). While all of their brands are important, Challenger in tracked and 4WD's, Massey in selected pockets and under 100HP, but for the broader North American spectrum, it is with AGCO_Gleaner.

dairyfarmer

my dealer within 5 miles of me was over $2000 higher than a dealer 15 miles from me that i get better service out of and the dealer 30 miles from me was the cheapist and the dealer closest to me dad bought 2 new tractors fromt hem in the 80's the old hay conditioner in 79 and in the early 90's a round baler and evertime we have problems we are told bring it in we will look at it when we get time but he jumos in the truck fro service calls 60 miles away before he is off the phone with them dairyfarmer

dairyfarmer

i gotta agree also the massey name was so run down 15-20 years ago who would want to go back to it and they are trying to do that if it were anything elsei would consider oliver or minnieapolis moline wouldnt even be as bad for older equipment both of those coompanyis were like allis ahead of the times and just lost it when the econmy shot hell dairyfarmer

dairyfarmer

i would not buy a silver combine painted red like they are trying to do same with the mocos and balers painting them different colors and marketing them at diferent dealers that way if you werent a hesston dealer you can sell massey hay equipmrent now which i think is bs just drop the liknes that werent helping out and push the others dairyfarmer

Illinois_Gleaner

I agree 100% with what you say. Massey is know world wide. So sell them over seas. Allis and Gleaner sell better in the states. Sell that color in the states. They have tried to sell the combines in Red then Yellow and Now Silver. That way they might get as many Massey combines sold as Gleaners. Then they can cut out the orange and silver lines. And loose all of there customers here in the states and still be know world wide. If it isnt orange or silver I aint driving it from Agco. I just got an A85 Only because its Silver,if it were only in Red. I would be driving green. IG

allen

one thing though i did notice though was gleaner had 2 combines MF only had one so i don't think it was all favoritism, on agco's part. allen

allen

riceman i am with you on this i am very happy to see MF doing good in the combine sector, i for one know MF is getting a lot of attention on the combine sector now. combines are doing very well for them selves, now il gleaner i do agree with you on the fact that AGCO should not have painted the challenger combines yellow until the big combine came out cat dealers don't want to sell it or service it, its too small for their market they say well now they won't get a big one in for that reason, but would the gleaner have sold better NO it wouldn't have cat people are just different why i don't know but i do think the big class 8 would see for them if they would try it. il gleaner i do know one thing for our area there is no gleaner only mf case and deere, and i'm sure your area is the opposite, but the MF combines are growing in my area though, there are quite a few newer MF tractors in my area not sure of the numbers but i do know some of them are on lease and some are not, but yeah they are the exact same thing except color. but i like what riceman said so i will say it again, if AGCO painted a red gleaner would you buy itIJ yeah i do see what AGCO is trying to do in the US is make the MF now stronger in the US and it is working very well, i will give you this Gleaner has been doing well they are just trying to make both brands prosper which is a good idea, one thing though if they painted a R-75 red would you buy itIJ after all its only paint would be the only differenceIJ if you wouldn't then would you expect us to stay and operate a silver MF combine if the paint was the only differenceIJ as riceman says under the paint its the same thing!! as far as AGCO going away from the silver and orange lines it would be a big misteak i don't see that happening anytime near if it does it will be a misteak yeah but if they get rid of MF it will be a misteak as well, and as far as total combines MF without nobody else is ahead a gleaner guy told me that at lousiville said due to the class 8 combine sales mf has gained a lot and due to simplicity of the machine has picked up a lot of business from other brands of customers, who do u believe i don't know just repeating what i was told at lousiville, one thing i was told though agco gives money to the companies for the show so i think mf just put more of their money for lousiville and gleaner didn't but as far as boths yeah i thought the mf was a lil better but by much no about even, one thing i will say for both of them is to put out some combine hats for both brands get some better shirts out there, look at what deere is doing with their advertising! its not gonna help heck i'll wear a nice combine shirt or hat. also one thing MF should of had 70 years of harvesting excellence in there as well and that wasn't there maybe agco didn't want it there who knows, but since you are running an A85 you do know you are running a Massey right but only painted silver, i'm just like you i want to see agco survive and from the way i see it so far so good, the future looks very bright for them!!! it can only get better! allen

gleanermanitoba

I think it's too bad that color means so much I like my gleaners as much as anyone but productivity, pricing and dealer mean as much as color does. In my opinion if its a solid product and supported it will get my attention. As far as thr R series go I am finding a a few areas frustrating and may need to look in the axial direction to address them.(straw chop and spread as well as unloading capacity and clearance) I for one would be happy running a massey red machine as much as gleaner grey. Remember massey used to dominate in N.A. now deere does,things can change.