Combines NFMS louisville

Riceman

I'm not too sure on the updates. I know ours is getting the end bearing support in the unload auger changed to a different version that they designed in their shop. It hangs from the top instead of the sides. Works better in rice. They had to learn the hard way on that one but now all of the machines they sell come equipped that way. I suppose high noisture corn would need the same modification but I'm not sure. Unloading rice is like unloading rocks sometime. I don't know about the Tye drills either. I've seen a few on their lot before but since we use an air seeder we aren't really in the market for one so I never asked about them. Mike, our Massey dealer is around 80 miles away. We have been running the rotor Massey since 2002. I had wanted one way before that but the older heads prevailed so we ended up with a 9750 STS. And our Deere dealer has 12 stores in the immediate area. CIH has a 2 store dealer close. I can go within a 30 mile radius and hit 3 JD and 3 IH stores. I deal with all but 2 of them regularly for some of our other equipment. My cousin who is diehard IH red has a 9790 sitting in his shed that he bought from watching us run while his 2188 was torn apart in a million peices in his shed.

Illinois_Gleaner

I can figure out about where you are from,with the dealers you talk about. Why would AGCOIJIJIJIJ When the "largest Gleaner dealer in the world" went belly up. Not put a big store back in your areaIJIJIJ I have heard stories about Hebers down there. They close there doors , people make wrong decisions,people go out of buisness. That is life. But why would Agco,not get a big dealer back down thereIJ Build Kerher a big building,or something to keep the market share they haveIJ And dont get me wrong,I have been there alot of times,but they remind me of a mom and pop store that isnt big enough to handle the big equipment of today. Real nice people,but no room to grow.I am in the same position,the dealer in Newton went out. There were alot of orange and silver in the area. I am about the only one diehard left.And they have better products then ever before,but let areas go uncovered. I have to go to Kuhns,which is 60 miles northwest of me to get to a real Agco dealer.And I go past a Deere,CHI and NH dealer that is 6 miles from my house to get to Kuhns. I guess that tells you how smart I am. Is Agco that much better that I can keep doing that with the other colors in townIJ IG

hv_user

I think Agco is doing a great job with all of the lines they offer.They are not going to get rid of the Gleaner combine just because you can buy a Massey panted silver.Its good marketing it gives those big Agco dealers something else to sell in a area that may not have a Massey dealer. As far as guys being upset that there is Massey name on there Hesston produts is just dumb it alows you to get parts at a Massey,Agco and challenger dealer.In my town I can go to a Massey dealer for combine parts or some parts are the same as Gleaner I can go there, my parts and service are better than ever. And one more thing I need to get off my chest.When Agco got Massey it put Agco on the map make no mistake about it.Massey is world wide company, Massey in other parts of the world is huge.It helped Agco make money to put new products out and do RD.It is why your Gleaner combine has been improved and will keep improving.If you like Orange tracter thats great thanks to Massey you have one to drive.And for those who will never drive a Massey because 20 years ago they or there dad had a bad one is just plain dumb.If you look at them today and say you don't like them thats fine but the past should have nothing to do with it. We are all Agco lets be glad we have a company that will keep improving the machines we like and give us opptions.

tbran

Agco thanks you for the comments :) I am sure. One cannot look backwards and successfully move forward for any length of time. So, looking forward who does one want to depend onIJ Deere has established themselves as the icon of ag machinery in N America. When one perceives ( and perception is ones' reality) that then that lessens the need for the struggle for improvement. Those who apsire to rival n 1 place a premium on customer satisfaction and product innovation in trying to arrive at their goals. Who is best suited to play this role in the next decade or twoIJ Italian based Fiat (CNH who received a commutaion of the sentence due to OPEC and resulting ehtanol wave we now ride),Duluth Ga. based Agco, or the folks that bought Buhler, Bobcat, or some Chinese conglomerate the lurks in the not so near futureIJ Think I will stick with the Young Guns at Agco. They are not perfect, never will be, have to learn some lessons the hard way, but they are native in control, international in scope and driven for success like none I have seen before. The next generation will have no knowledge of the immense changes that Agriculture went through in the 80's and 90's nor any idea of the emotions of the posts on this subject. Oh well have to put away the crystal ball, dinner beckons.

Russ_SCPA

Oliver, gone, but I can get parts and service Ford, gone, parts and service are becoming more questionable everyday IH, gone, see above Allis Chalmers, gone, but parts and service still readily available Deutz Allis, SIlVER KING, point takenIJIJIJIJ

Mike

You are right on. When AGCO pulled that little stunt it told every farmer in this area they didn't care if they kept their business. We still have a Gleaner, but our shed that was once full of AGCo equipment(except for 4x4's which have always been red or blue since AGCO insists on making junk 4x4's) is pretty full of other colors now. I still think the Gleaner has advantages, but quite frankly switching tractors, planters and tillage was real painless and in most cases we like the other products as well or better.

cott

3 years ago, a young man opened a Massey dealer 7 miles from my home. I would like to give him my combine business, but he claims he would have to give $10,000 to AGCO to be able to sell Gleaner parts. I have my own parts book, so I could give him the part numbers, seems to me, all he would have to do is place the order and take my money. I would MUCH rather buy parts locally, save me the 55 mile drive I now make to buy parts.