Combines large wheat farms

R_O_M

Try "Western Australia". Quite a few around or above that size in W.A. OOPS! sorry! wrong continent. Cheers.

wildcat1

The only farm that big I ever heard of was in Southeast Colorado. Seems like the guy farmed 42,000 acres. He had broken out some marginal grassland back in the 70s and 80s.

casefan

I have heard of a wheat farm in western SD called Diamond Ring that farms a large amount of ground. Not sure of the exact acreage anymore, but it is in that range. Only plants wheat.

Ed_Boysun

Duane Huber Wimbledon North Dakota, USA 85,000 acres College professor economist types keep telling us, "Bigger is better." and "Get Big or get out." Do you subscribe to that ideaIJ Read all about Huber's current operation by clicking on the link below. Ed in Montana

ndfarmne

There was one in southeastern Montana, between Ekalala and Alzada, if i'm not mistaken. I believe it was right around 50k acres. They had 2 or 3 custom harvesters plus their own machines. This was in late 90's, as far as I know its still running. I don't know the name of the family that runs it.

seedman

I know there is a large farmer in SW Alberta that rents about 90,000 acres (so I've been told) from an Indian Reservation. It's mostly wheat and barley.

John_W

I met that BTO guy from Colorado once years ago. He did not believe in fertilizer. Rather odd I thought. Told me it was just like spoiling a kid by giving them candy. I think he was summer fallowing so he may have had closer to 90K acres total. Seem to remember his land was in two main areas one he harvested and for the other 20,000 acres he hired custom cutters.

BIGHEAD

Thanks for all of the replys, guys. I remember running across a couple in Colorado. One was Kalcevics (spIJ)near Roggen which was around 60K acres. The other was linnebur's near Byers at 80K acres. When I was there linneburs had their 25 Case_IH combines neatly lined up in three rows in their yard all fitted with air reels. It looked impressive. They also had a good sized fleet of Stiger Tigers.

Big_Al

I don't know if it is the same guy but the fellow I met had his headquaters near Deertrail Colorado it was 1992 when I met him and he had 15 1680's then and he would hire in about 10 or 12 more machines. On his yard site he had more grain storage then most elevators. There also is an outfit north of Aberdeen SD they are called landO acres don't know how much they farm but from the equipment around the place it must be lots