Combines large wheat farms

Ed_Boysun

It is pretty much the same here in the north. Some big farms do well and some don't. Some smaller farms do well and some don't. Management, soil type, and the whims of mother nature seem to be much more important than the number of acres. Ed in Montana

GreenBine

Ed...where are you at in Montana if you dont mind me asking.

Ed_Boysun

East of Wolf Point - northeast corner of the state. Ed in Montana

GreenBine

Interesting, I have been to Glasgow many a time and around that area, only been over to Wolf Point a few times. Went to a guys farm that collects JD D's for the life of me I can not remember his name. Have spoken to a few farmers up there most of them where wheat farmers out by Ft. Peck I recall one of them was known as WhiteyIJIJ Anyways I have some friends up that way,I am from Western Kansas.

BIGHEAD

Why do you want to knowIJ ************************* Only as a matter of interest, that's all. I like hearing about the big operations and seeing them as well. like Boswells in CA who have 200,000 acres, mainly cotton and then the King Ranch in TX. at around 850,000 acres. Flying over Boswell's place when the cotton is in bloom is almost like flying over a massive area of snow!!

Ed_Boysun

Next time you're up this way, stop in and say hello. The JD collection was probably that of louis Toavs. lots of green iron on that place. The link below shows a few pics I took last spring. Ed in Montana

GreenBine

Thanks for the invite, I am making an assumption but would guess that you grow mainly dryland spring wheat unless you around the Milk_Missouri RiverIJ Also how do you like the new Deere dealer in GlasgowIJ They kind of like being Green instead of Nh YellowIJ Markels been selling any 8010'sIJ

Kevco

When I was near landO they were working around Onida_Gettysburg South Dakota. There main farm and equipment dealearship is around Aberdeen South Dakota as far as I know

Ed_Boysun

Yes, I grow dryland spring wheat. Farm all lies in the valley of the Missouri River though. I bought a couple tractors from the newest Deere dealer, back when they were the Case guys. lots happened since then. Markles got Case when IH went under and Farm Equipment basicly got the shaft. I don't do green stuff here, so I don't know how things are going there. I haven't seen any 8010's on the Markle's lot. From what I hear, the AFX rotor doesn't sound like a wheat machine anyways - time will tell, I guessIJIJ Sorry about the goofed up link above - should have been a htm at the end instead of a jpg. let's try again.

likesmxbutdrives8420

I know that this is a little bit off subject but a guy here in Mississippi had about 45,000 acres of Cotton and farmed it with several different partnerships_corporations, on Jan. 15 he started a 5 year prison sentence for defrauding the government out of 11 million dollars in subsidies. We had close to 3000 acres for him and he would have custom pickers from Texas and louisiana come and pick his crop, 50+ new model pickers. see ya'll