Combines large wheat farms

thn43

You must be farm in the Rolling Fork area. I'm farming on both sides of lake Washington.

likesmxbutdrives8420

Do u know who i am talkin aboutIJIJ Good family and helped us out a lot but he messed with the government. We actually farm about 10 miles east of yazoo city in the hills. Nice to know someone from with 100 miles is on here.

thn43

I assume you were talking about the guys that were insurance farming with high yield history.Renting neighbors land and letting them custom farm it. I don't know much more about it. AS far as the Talk Show I mostly read , don't post much,and I do get lotts of good information on here, thanks all.

Trit

Hey Marshall, I was just wondering if I could have your e-mail. I would like to converse with you. Thanks, Ryan.

BIGHEAD

Speak up guys. Surely there must be some good size wheat farms in western KS. At least over 10K acres. Names, acreagesIJ I've flown over the area and there look to be some good sized wheat farms...Thanks.

azcutter

Bighead the large wheat fields of western ks have been beaten out by irrigated circles of corn and now even soybeans

JDFarmer

landO Acres is located at Westport, SD about 20 miles north of Aberdeen. They farm about 42,000 acres as quoted before. lenord Odey started the operation and that is where the landO came from but he died a couple years ago. His son Greg runs the place. lenord had ties in the Steiger family(I believe his wife was a sister) and he always ran Steiger tractors and JD equipment up until this last year when he switched to Red combines and Horsh Anderson drills. They farm all the way down to southern SD I believe. Art Anderson out of Badger, SD was at one time running I believe over 40,000 acres. I know the magazine stated he farmed in 12 counties and ran 12 lines of equipment. A divorce caused some issues and according to the magazine, he looked at what his profits were and realized he could make more money farming right at around 6500 acres. I don't think he went bankrupt but then again most BTO's go bankrupt at least once in their lifetime.

boetboer

Is there a website where one can view some of these operationsIJ