Combines 8010 or CR970

Old_Pokey

And if I am wrong, please insert red faced embarrassed smiley faces.:)

Ohio__Steve

Maybe this is perspective related to how long you have farmed,here. For me, I know when I started out and was using what I could afford, which included a lot of cheap tools others had decided were no longer trustworthy, I longed for the days I could afford shiney new pieces that only seldom breakdown. Then when I started to be able to have some of those wished for pieces, I found out the time interval between what I wanted and what I had was not nearly as long as I had hoped it would be. Now I am very gratfull that some of the most counted on machines have the old replaced one sitting in the shed or in the case of combines that my brother and I each have one so in most cases there is some form of back up.We don't get twice as much done but I'm way more then twice as likely to get to sleep the night after one of those days where everything goes wrong, rather then work all day ,fix all night so you can work the next day. And too, this post is made with a thread of humor.

Northern

In this this world of farming there is no right or wrong. Just different ways of reaching the same goal, completing a safe harvest. Wish you all a Merry Christmas.

mx270

Seems your answer to everything is 590 cat guess i had best trade all my tractors and combines for 590s since they just seem to be the Nutz. Who needs tractors the 590 can do it all HAHAHAHAHAHA

willie

Your not going to out harvest 2 combines all the time with a cr-970.It all depends on conditions such as crop and swath size.In wheat or barley with a heavey crop,the cr-970 will do twice as much,but if you have a light crop or a crop like canola which is easy to threash,maybe 1.5 times.For us manpower is more of issue,that is why we only run one combine(cr970).We do start earlier in morning and harvest through dinner and supper and go late by switching operators through-out the day.It is a hard diecions to go back to one combine.Good luck

todd08

I would like to see a study of loss at the header proportional to speed. I would have to think it would corelate like plowing. My ole man always said that to double the speed of pulling a plow it was expodential not linear. I would have to think that reel loss and cutter bar loss would also not be linear to speed. Maybe not expodential. But there certainly is a point to where it is hard to do a good job.

M

What are your likes and dislikes about the Bourgalts grain cartIJ sorry to change the topic. Personally I'm a Deere guy. But if I had to make a choice between the CR and the 8010 now, I'd pick the 970. later after they get the bugs worked out I'd choose the 8010. like the idea of the gear box driven rotor. Have a great Christmas..

spiff

I guess I should of listed this info in my first post.I will start into my wheat and barley at around 19-20% moisture,I do not have straight headers so everything get put into a 36 foot windrow.and as for canola a easy crop to combine I am just wondering if you have ever combined a 36 foot canola swath that is running 35-40 bushels an acre and testing 15% moistureIJ Man power is also a very big issue with my farm Thanks

spiff

The only dislike i do have with my 1100 is you can not fill it to full capacity when you wish to tarp it for the night,because the teret auger is in side the cart.And the problem is when you fill it to capacity and the next time you want to unload you all ways spill a little grain when swing out the teret,Other than that you do need a good size HP 4WD to run one.It has been a very relable unit and would not give it upat all,I only have one semi and when the cart is full I all ways know me semi will be loaded and back to my bins as soon as it hits the field.I hope this help Thanks

tobaboy

How many acres an hour do you run with your 1688sIJ We figure at 18a_hr, our 480r is equal to two of our old TX 66s. If your running in tough conditions like you say your not going to replace two 1688s with an 8010 or CR 970, you'd be better off going with a CX 880, or a lexion if you have a good dealer. Although we run a lexion and don't plan on changing, we've demoed a CX and were very impressed, the 880 seems to be the only match for the 480 in tough conditions.