Combines 8010 or CR970

Case_Farmer

I doubt one combine could replace 3 No matter what the 3 are well...i guess there are exceptions lets say 3 older combines

Case_Farmer

I can get more done with a 2388 than a big CAT Considering where i live...i can get parts for my case in a hr or 2two... Most id be down if something major would be a day or 2 If i had a cat id well..honestly i don't know where in the heck i could go (Im from southern ill..between effingham and Mtvernon)

Big_Al

Hey Big Truck get with the program us REAl farmers talk bushels per acre and bushels per hour get your head out of your A$$ and talk figures farmers use. You want numbers here are some for you I just got some Cat propaganda in the mail it states this Cat combine will harvest 30'bushels of wheat in a minute. What a load of crap. If you have a 40' Straight cut header on your big Cat combine and you are driving 6 MPH you would get your 30 acres an hour. But to get your 1800 bushels an hour you would need a 60 bushel an acre wheat crop. I have farmed over 20 years and customed harvested for 15 years and have never seen a 60 bushel an acre wheat crop where I farm which is in western Canada where we grow Hard Red Spring Wheat you probably never heard of that type of wheat. Anyway getting back to your Cat crap it would take one gulp of a 40' wheat swath up here in the Great White North testing 18% moisture and it would be slowed right down and 30 bushel per minute would be three bushels per minute. Because to do 30 bushels a minute you need a 60 bushel crop of wheat and you have to go 6 mph to get this 30 bushels per minute it has to hold this 6 mph but when you factor in turning on the ends of the field or having to go around objects you won't be cutting wheat all the time and you will have to go at least 7 mph and well I don't know what the ground is like where you farm but I have cut wheat in fields from Texas to Northern Canada and I can count on one hand the fields I could cut wheat at 7mph with a 40' header, maybe two and they are only 160 acres field. SO you and your Cat go back to your Cat page where nobody ever posts anything and let us continue the discussion here as to weather Spiff should buy a CR 970 or an 8010 he didn't ask about a Cat combine but you know what they say about an opnion they are like an A$$hole everyone has one.

twin_spinner

what about a cx 860 nh neighbour has one was picking up 36ft swaths of canola at 6% moisture doing 18 t_hr,ive been told the conventionals handle moisture very well, same sieve area as cr970 .

Full_Stick

Catmandont is back as Big Truck I may be wrong but i think you are pushing and pulling your stick to much from the boredom of your cat site

TwinSilvers

I'm not going to dispute your figures; - they seem authentic, and I've never seen a 590 in operation. Seems like awesome capacity; - I can't imagine the unloading rate and number of carts it would take to keep 'er going! All I DO know is my friends 2388 alone "seems bored" with an 8-row narrow cornhead (135-150 bushel yield) and a 30' flex (65-75 bushel yield). In both scenerios, ground-speed is his limiting factor!

Northern

I am from Western Canada, and there is alot of 60 plus bushel wheat grown in N.E. Sask. From experence I will tell, a Cat combine prefers 18% wheat vs. 12.5% wheat. Cat's claim of 1800 bushel's per hour is probably under ideal conditions. But come on you guys, relax a little.

M

I'll tell that to some people at Bourgalt. I'm a seasonal welder their in the winter time.