Combines feeder chain

CardaleBob

We have run a Harvest Services 3-strand chain for several years in a 1680. We are still using the original top shaft. When it breaks, we will replace it.

skinnb

hickup, Can't help you on the chain however our throat clutch has stuck and when jammed, tore a chain to pieces. When you get your next chain I'd back the clutch springs off and make sure it slips. Then tighten as need be. Hope this helps.

George_2

I assume your 2166 has the new style bolt on chain slats. I bent 4 of them last year on a stone and I put in 4 new slats. lot cheaper than a new chain. Try Vincent's in Seaforth, they seem to have reasonable prices on regular feeder chains.

redwing

Just was at Vandenbrink in Sparta. New one was around $450. 519 775 2601. Reis is too expensive.

kirk

i tried chain and slats from shoup, they bent after half a day, ended up taking old IH slats off wore out chain to bolt on the new chain. grinding the IH rivets to release the slats took a little time though. no problems in 2 years since.

dale3

You should have bolt on slats on your chain. Just change out the slats, way cheaper.

big_boy

My 95 R 62 has 7 inch front and rear drums and to increase material flow to the cylinder I made new drum stops with the hole drilled five eights of an inch higher in the drum stop which raises the drum higher above the floor pan allowing more material going into the cylinder. I have never cut canola but this works good in beans. Good luck.

dibber

On our 94 model we had trouble with the feeder chain hitting the top of the feeder house cross member. So we either had to shorten the chain so it would miss the cross member when the drum would fully extend up, and then this would create to much of a gap between the header auger and feeder chain. We ended up making a 6 inch feeder drum that would give us more clearance and more capacity. We did this 3 seasons ago and it has worked real well. I have this combine feeding better than our 99 R72. The slip clutch never goes off, its one awesome bean machine. It takes the wettest green stem beans you could imagine and it puts the cleanest beans in the tank, now if I only had the time to get the 72 set up like this one. I guess I will have to get busy this winter tuning the 72 up.

tbran

speed up kit - 71374737 plus belt 71368809 in addition to smaller drums as other posts state will solve about any feeding problem.

chad88

we run a 2 strand chain on our 1688 and we installed a feeder house roller kit, which we got from the dealer. it quieted the feeder house considerably and the chain seems to be wearing better. they make the same thing for the 3 strand chain. have you counted links on your throat chain, or was it all the same when it was new.