Combines off topic mxm 120

Chads

There's a couple of MXM 140's around here. The only thing I know guys are having trouble with is some electrical stuff. One of the local techs just got back from school, and said that the company is doing updates to fix them. No major problems, just annoying stuff. It should be fixed in new production. Mechanically, the tractors have been good. CaseIH blockman swore up and down a year ago that these tractors will be better than the MX's. We'll see. Chads

FR

There is a lot of bugs in them, now go threw the dealers shop and you will seewhat I mean the old maximun 120s are way better or get a new McCormick even the New Holland dealers think there junk and thats where the MXMs came from.

sidewinder

go for the older mx series or mc cormick. The guy I farm together with has a 5140, mx 120 and every year leases a new case.. last year was a mxm and this year a mxu... put approx 200 hours in each doing hay. If you go from and older tractor to a mxm or mxu they are really nice but there is no comparison to the mx series... If your lookin at new the mxu is nicer than the mxm. the 5140 has 11000 hrs and the mx 120 has 9000 and both havent skipped a beat. Just my opinion after running those tractors, Ed

Chads

New Holland dealers around here have sold a lot of the TS's which I beleive are the common platform with the MXM. No serious complaints I'm aware of. Two Dairymen I sell hay to have TS 110's and absolutely love them. One has 1200 hrs in one year with no service calls. Only problems was dropping a big square bale on the hood:(. Chads

Chads

What did you like_dislike, comparing the MXM's to the MX'sIJ What problems did you haveIJ Just interested. We're looking at "importing" a high hour MX 110-120-135 from Florida. I have a 5140 and love it, except the hydraulics are little slow on loader work. Then I think, hey, if it was green I would have overhauled the transmission by know;0) Chads

JHEnt

First New Holland dealers don't think their junk. The onlt problem with the Case boys is that most of them have not sent mechanics to lean about working on NH tractors. In fact there are only 2 problems they have had with that entire series. On the 175 and 190 they have had trouble with the wire harness going to the electro-viscous fan clutch and on all TM_MXM the electro hydraulic remotes if one version of software is downloaded by the dealer then the bad software will corrupt the controller.There may have been some tractors that got the bad software on them at the factory but they are very few. The fact is that the MXM chasis_powertrain has been in use by NH for about a decade. Just to make a point there are alot mre problems with TG's_MX'sthan with the MXM_TM series machines. The design of the MX transmission is itself overly complex useing about a dozen solinoids to control it with valve blocks located both on the side as well as on top of the trans housing requiring a cab lifting tool just to do a simple repair. They also use plastic oil feeder tubes to deliver the pressure oil to the clutches.The MX_TG uses a separate dump solinoid just to feather the trans. NH on the otherhand has used pulse width modulating solinoids which alows the computer to pulse the power to the sol up to 500 times a second to enguage the clutch packs. This alows far fewer solinoids to run a 16 speed trans. Even the Funk built Ford design trans in the old 70 series NH was smoother than the MX_TG trans is today and delivered the oil through drilled passages through the cast housing. The MXM_TM also have the 7.5l genesis engine. Although fueled much lower than the MX_TG Cummins_CDC 8.3l is at least it will start when its 20 degrees outside without either or heating.

FR

local large New Holland dealer of 25plus years is the one pushing the McCormicks says way better tracter went through the Case dearlership and seen the MXms torn apart technicans say it is on going, never ends I have not had experince, but was thinking of tradeing mx135 for a MXM and was warned, so I just continue to run the 135 pushing 4000 hrs with no problems.

FR

Thats funny about starting, mine started last week in -30 below wind chill with just a snort of either and I will take the magnums over the over the outdated Genisus.

JHEnt

Well that depends, with a Bosche pump they will not start, with the CAPS fuel pump(Cummins electronic) will start but that pump has the highest warranty rate Cummins has ever had. Out of just a few the dealership I work at has sold I have already replaced 1. How long will your's lastIJ As far as outdated, basic design wise the QSC_QSX engine is very similar to the Genesis. Nothing new in either engine.

todd08

You seem to be very knowledgeable on this intrigging subject for me. Does the TJ_STX use pulse width modulated valves to control the transmissionIJ Are their transmission clutches fed from plastic lines or drilled passagesIJ I have one and I used to cuss its inconsistancy, but after dealer lapped my valve body and replaced back battery, I feel it is way better. How about you know how or who knows how to control the make-up valve to constantly lock up (back art. joint) in center, so as to always have centered position. (only applies to accu-steer) Desparately needed in order to auto-steer with any accuracy. Right now just take your chances with whichever way it wants to dog-track. I have even heard farmers with 3pt guidance hitches cuss them. CNH just has not written good enough software or that pot in the hydraulic cylinder sure varies alot in reading.