Combines off topic mxm 120

johnboy

Gee we must be lucky here then with our TM and lots of others who have bought TMs' in the dealer's area as we have have very little problems with it and the other owners also are getting a good run out of theirs. As a fact a close friend of mine has just bought the Case version of our TM after watching it and also using it the last couple of years and he owns a MX Case as well.

George_2

Go for a McCormick MTX150. They are the replacement tractor for the MX135. Believe me, there is a good reason why so many CIH dealers are also McCormick dealers. The NH dealers will even tell you the electronic components in their 100 to 150 PTO HP tractors fail much more frequently than expected.

JHEnt

I have not gotten that deep into a TJ_STX. The only 1 we sold was a TJ275 with the manual transmission. large frame 2wd tractors are the common machine around here. I'd guess only about 1 in 10 farms have an articulated tractor. Autosteer is a non issue around here (SW Il). No one has yet had any interest in the technology. In fact about half of guys with yield monitors quit taking the time to calibrate them after the 1st year, and almost none of them have GPS attached.

todd08

Interesting comment on the CAPS pump, I had it break on my STX, under 1300hrs. I know I will have spend more than a dollar_hr on that tractor now, just out of warranty, under 1500hrs. Blew the piston off one of the steering rams this fall harvest. CNH is not as repected by me either. What is the difference between warranty between the 3 brands we are talking about.

Chads

Funny you should mention the McCormicks, as that name comes up every now and again around our house. looked at a MTX 120 the other day, and it looks good. Specs look good. Price looks very good! Unfortunately, I'm not in the running for a new tractor right now. I'll just stick to looking for used MX's. Problem is, all the low houred ones are too high, which leaves the high houred ones. Is a 7000 hour MX worth the riskIJ Wanna sell your 135IJ I have a 7000 hr 5140 that is a great little tractor. Very dependable. Chads

FR

No I can not trade now I spent to much money for this year as just purchased a grain leg setup, want to do away with augers and cross augers, after really looking close at the McCormicks I think it is a good tractor several in neighbor hood now, that kind of hurts the Case dealer cause the New Holland dealer is who is selling them. About the MX135 since new only 2 problems 1 was under warranty the other was my fault had front wheels dished out with loader and big bucket and bearings went out in front asist axel other wise it has been excellent tractor.

m

I think it is intersesting how a "salesman" could possible think that there isnt a better product out there than what he is selling, how about leaving the opinions up to the people that run them not sell them.

JHEnt

If you havn't actually jacked up the cab on a TG_MX and done trans work then don't make comments you can't back up. I don't sell, I have to actually fix things. As far as my personal opinion, I would take an old Ford_NH 70 series over a TG_MX anyday. Mainly because I know ther're long term reliability. I would love to have a TM155 to replace my Ford TW20 but I really can't afford one. I'm not color biased. I like the old NH TR series combines. I have a TR86. I also have a Deere 4400. I think the CaseIH axialflow is a good machine, but I also think the AFX8010 is a hydraulic nightmare.

Chads

The hydraulic drives on the 8010's will be fine. How many times do you work on the Hydraulic pump,motor on the reel drives on current combines, compared to the times you replace every other chain and sprocket on the combineIJ Hydraulic pumps now are also more reliable than in the past. Chads

sodak

It seems like our MXM 175 is pretty rough shifting in 7th and 13th. The dealer has calibrated the clutches, but it still seems too rough to me. Is anyone else had this problemIJ