Combines rotor loss

Silver_Shoes

SteveB, milo is a difficult crop no doubt and the wetter the worse it is to work with. If you are taking in alot of leaves its even more difficult. a couple suggestions would be reverse bars or cage fingers to tear up leaves and dislodge grain.

R_O_M

Agco in Australia developed chopper or blade bars for the separator to chop up sorghum [ milo ] material. They certainly make a difference when putting through very tough material. Cheers.

NDDan

No milo hear but I've heard of guys using the seperator grate covers when milo is green. With your '99 machine you have an adjustable seperator grate which you can pull up tighter to help keep grate clean and separating. There is some chance you would want to try shiming out a couple bars in row A and a couple in row B to try duplicate the chopper bars that Max suggests. Trim first couple rasps over concave if planning on running close concave clearance with shimmed out bars. I'm sure you've tried other various RPMs and concave settings. Peg bars like old Ns had available may well help and I wouldn't be afraid of tring as long as you have machine hyperized with all forward and extended cylinder bars. It would be very interesting is rotor sweeps would take care of problem. Soon someone will be running milo for first time with sweeps. Check your email. Good luck

hunter

I have had the same problem. Do all the hyper mods take out all revercer bars. Then set your sep.grate closer, I have it on one, it was on two and was throwing a lot over moving one notch closer made a big defferance had to slow down to 3 1_2 miles an hour. Would like to hear from some one with the chopper bars in milo if they work and what speed you can goIJ I have a 99 r62.

hunter

I have had the same problem. Do all the hyper mods take out all revercer bars. Then set your sep.grate closer, I have it on one, it was on two and was throwing a lot over moving one notch closer made a big defferance had to slow down to 3 1_2 miles an hour. Would like to hear from some one with the chopper bars in milo if they work and what speed you can goIJ I have a 99 r62.

Hyper_Harvest_II

In corn two kernals per square foot equal one bu. loss. Measure across width of cut,one foot wide and count all kernals. Now you need to remember to subtract head shelling from this total. You should be able or strive to acheive 1% or less of total yield (ie;150 bu. yield,no more than 1.5 bu. total loss).Have you removed wedge from concaveIJ Have you cut and slid every other crossbar on seperator grate or removed every other rod from seperator grate for more open area for seperationIJ Usually put a reverse bar or two at the most in severe rotor loss situations in center row. Hyper Harvest II

zeke

You say that you pulled wires out of your concave and cage areaIJ Fill those holes up with plastic plugs from agco. That happened to a 52 that we used to have,and doing this got it back to acceptable levels.

tbran

remove the spreader spinner, run at speed, then count the kernals for 16" length . divide this by 2 then by 18 on a 6-30" header. 40 grains of corn in 16" running righ under the 18" wide discharge _ 2 = 20 divided by 18 = 1.1 bu _a.

M__Gorden

Corey, There are several possiblities to discuss. I suggest you phone me as I have several questions to ask so I can understand how you are running the two setups. First, it needs to be determined whether or not you in fact have rotor loss. Simply the number four light blinking is not proof positive you have rotor loss. The only way the AirJet chaffer can contribute to rotor loss is if it overloads and runs too much into the returns system. In that case you would also have excessive chaffer loss. Alternatively, you can move the AirJet to your other machine and see if the condition follows. My phone number is 1-800-745-1680.

jalopy

3%IJIJ Is that what the meter said or what was actually on the groundIJ Uniform spread for wheat loss is 19 kernals_sq.ft = 1 bpa loss. So if I do the math correctly 3% of 70 is 2.1, and 2.1 x 19 = 40 kernals_sq.ft, uniform spread evenly across the field. That seems incredible. I'm not sure I could set my combine to lose that much if I tried, short of leaving the grain tank door open.