Combines rotor loss

Silver_Bullet

The crop that give us the most trouble is milo with green leaves. If we can wait until it freezes to dry up the leaves, we get along much better. You will enjoy harvesting sunflowers. Drive as fast as you can to keep the machine full in order to get a cleaner grain sample.

Ilnewholland

I don't know if you did this but try driving fasterIJ We run a TR99 with a 8 row head in 175+ bpa at 4-4.5 mph. The faster I push the combine the less loss we have. My corn head is my limit on my speed. I have the rotors at 650-700 rpm and the concave at 45. You could try to open the concave and slow the rotor down. You may be cracking the cobs in half at 32IJ Also do you have a round bar concaveIJ You may need a square bar one at 35% corn. Something should work but it may take a while to find it. Ilnewholland

height

Ilnewholland- I know you used to have a TR-86. How fast did you run in corn and in soybeans. What settings did you run(concave, rotar speed, fan speed)IJ This is our first year with a New Holland, always had Masseys before. We have a 4 row cornhead, and a 16 ft. grain table. I would assume yeilds would be the same as you because I am from Iowa. This year, around 200 bu. corn, and 60 bu beans. Thanks for your input.

Ilnewholland

Never had a TR86. We did have a TR70, TR95, TR96, TR97, TR98 and now a TR99. Not many years that I have the yields like you as I am from Southwest Il, the key being south. This is just one of them years that we wait for that come along every so often. Any way I would start with the rotor speed of 700, concave at 12 and fan speed of 800-820 in corn. Also lower the back sieve ext down and open the bottom sieve up all the way and clean your corn with the top sieve. For beans rotor speed of 900-1200, fan 780-820, concave 5-8. If green stem beans speed up rotor and close concave. A tr is really forgiving on its setting so just try what works for you. Ilnewholland

height

Thanks Ilnewholland. I guess I remembered wrong from reading old posts about TR-86's. This year is an above average year for us also. last years beans made half of what they are making this year. Many people are always quoting large yeilds, but these are just from certain spot in the field. We just wait until the bins are full and then figure out a yeild. Thanks again.

pete

I have the same problem with my TR 99 sometimes. My mechanic who has 2 TR combines himself told me to put the grain extensions instead of the roundbar extensions in. You have to pull 2 out of 3 wires to let the corn through. thanks Pete

AAPIII

Ours is also feeding AlOT back out the feeder house, At first we though the feeder house was shelling corn and throwing it back out. But the feeder house usually won't shell 35% corn, So it rained today and we are going to pull the feeder house and see if we can see what is causeing this problem, I think the 2 are related at least I hope I find the problem.

MOBoy

In my experience with a TR85, feeding back out the feeder house is usually caused by poor feeding into the augers at the front of the rotors. With all the hardware in relatively new (not too worn) condition, this can happen when, for instance, you're feeding light_short crops, like thin wheat. I don't know how this might relate to your problem with decent-yielding corn, but it's worth considering.

AAPIII

Thats why I pulled the feeder house off, nothing wrong in there. I don't know the more I think about it, it is probalbly just wet corn and not engough stuff going in. The book says on a 2ft. deep by the width of the shoe it takes 60 kernal to equal one bushel per acre loss, I am at about 10-15 kernals with isn't much as far as the book is concerned, but alot to me, and when your in the same field as a green machine and can't find any corn on the ground behind him 2 is to too many.