Combines rotor loss

Ilnewholland

Pete are you breaking up the cobsIJ I would try the concave at 45 or so. You should be getting whole cobs out the back of combine with no grain on them. Also if corn is dry get rotor speed as slow as you can or if you have the two speed rotor go in low gear and set speed to about 450-500 and you will really load up the rotors then. Or you could just drive faster.........just kidding. Good luck, Ilnh

Pete

IlNH, The cobs are mostly in 2 pieces. I'll try opening up the Concave a little more. I forgot to mention that the moisture is around 27%. I do not have the 2 speed gearbox. Also I still have both Rearbeater concave covers in because I have a few soyabeans left to combine. I am going to take the back one out it should help some. Thanks Pete

Pete

Dakota, I did not say that I was prepared to loose some corn. That is why I posted here to get some ideas on how to do a good job at slower speeds. Winter Wheat and Soyabeans are the crops where we need to have the capacity. I would love to have a Class 5 combine with 6row cornhead for corn. Some of the bigger farms around here that have 2 combines, only use 1 in Corn. thanks pete

weldfixer

sloww cylinder all the way down, maybe tighten up the concaves, Keeping it full is not all that important in a new holland. I have had 20 years experience with nh combines and they always do a good job when set properly for the conditions. Breking cobs is normal in 27 % corn. good luck, a little time you will get what you want Thanks John

Pete

I have combined a bit more corn since I posted this. I have opened the concave from 45 to 50 (which is the widest position)and used the slowest speed of 550Rpm but the cobs still brake up a little bit. I set the concave clearance so the cobs are still round after they went through the combine. On 1 variety I had to go as high as 750 Rpm to stop kernels from coming out the rotor. The Rotor speed is what makes more of a difference than the clearance on the concave. I have tried to go as close as 30 but than the cob brakes up more and there are kernels left on the cob. Obviously the thrashability of the corn is a factor but it still seems like when you are putting less material through the rotor it looses more out the back than when it is full. Thanks pete

turkey

Did the F2 rasp bar really help with rotor lossIJ I have a 99 R42 that I have been fighting rotor loss.

tbran

The concave rasp bars are 1_2" or just a tad over. I have used JD bars trimmed to fit and they work fine and the Gleaner bars will work as well. As long as you have 1_2" clear you will not notice any hp draw. Notice the picture under 'Hyper Mods' that is the way to set up the cyl.

Red_and_Green_Eater

tbran, I have every other row completly off. I have not run into problems with the complete rows off. I really like it in corn and beans. I just seem to have a little out of rotor. It is not terrible just any is to much if you know what I mean. Thanks for getting back, hope harvest is going smooth for you.