Combines rotor loss

Marshaltown_Farms

I have done all the mods as you have plus put the two F2 bars in the bottom. Don't find to many guys that take every other other bar out but I like it the most for cob breakup in corn. The F2 bars have definetly help the rotor loss in beans. Have not got to corn to know but am sure it will help. I will be waiting to hear from somone who has tried the sweep bars with a setup like mine.

Marshaltown_Farms

Not real sure I have not seen them but have talked to a local farmer here in south central Nebraska that was going to try a set.

max7777777us

I finally got my sweeps put in. Tried it in corn first,and really made a differenc on breaking up the cobs,clener in the bin too 20.8 moisture corn.Tried it for one load of beans and looks like I still have a lot of rotor loss.Havent done anything to the helicals or any disruptors. Does seem like I can drive a litttle faster.

NDDan

Did you have the high wide wire concaves and seperator grateIJ If you have the low narrow wire did you remove every other wire and plug the exposed holesIJ Did you slow up cylinder a bunch or speed it upIJ Do you run out of powerIJ Did you remove reverse barsIJ Have you checked to be sure concave is levelIJ Did you tighten up seperator grateIJ Do you have chopper or discharge beaterIJ If you have discharge beater do you have knotched blades outIJ Have you did a seed count to see what you are actually losingIJ Sorry about all the questions. Be sure to let us know after you've had a better chance to check things out. Talk to ya later.

Red_and_Green_Eater

NDDan, Yes to all of your questions. I was really trying to get frustrated. I then dropped the spreader and did a kernal count. It came up to 1_3 to 1_2 bushel to the acre. I guess I was just getting a little excited. We just don't have much fotter on the ground yet and anything that is flipped out there is really noticeable. Thanks for the help though.

NDDan

Good to hear and thats usually the case unless something is way out of wack. I think Max7 will find a nice improvement on flow threw rotor when he gets going and after finishing some other upgrades. Keep posted and you'll likely fine a way to reduce rotor loss more. Take care

Marshaltown_Farms

I tried the extra set of sweep bars Darrel got from you Dan and really thought I could notice improvement. I put all other cylinder bars back in except ones where your sweeps go. I did leave one disrupter bar on the discharge side and got along good. Don't know if it hurts or helps me. I wonder if another set would do even more good. What is going to be the approximate cost of the new rotor designs or have you got that far yet.

NDDan

Yes I have run another set beyond what you put on with no problems. Second set doesn't help as much as first set but first set makes huge difference in many conditions. I'm still working with the Bison man on a price. We may be looking for a good place for another proto or two. Someplace they'll get a good test.

Red_and_Green_Eater

Do you have any pictures of the sweepsIJ I would like to see what you are talking about.