Combines Unknown Gleaner Combine late 1950s

DannyBoy

Hope you can get the little beast. And have some fun clean'n her up and get'n her runn'n again. I too have thought about restore'n an old Gleaner. It I only had the time. There's an old A or E for sale out by my Dad place It's got a 2-38_40 3-30 and 10-foot header with it. I know it's run'n the guy used it a little last year. It was run'n a long side an N6. I think it had a little trouble keeping up :).. I N6 that is... HaHa :)))))

DannyBoy

Talked to Dad this evening. He said his "E" had a 4 cylinder Allis Gas engine in it. He couldn't remember the year. But, it was probly a '62 or '63. He also said the Early A's (pre Allis days I'm sure) had a Ford Engine in them. The local Co-op sold then.

The_Red

Well I won't lose any sleep on it. I don't really have anywhere to store it out of the weather anyway. I have a 3 side planned for the east side of the barn next year.

ken

Why don't you look for the serial plate. It should be on the back right or left side. If you have that then maybe some can tell you what model and year it really isIJ

The_Red

Next time I am out to the farm I will promptly look for that serial plate and really look the machine over more carefully. I didn't have a whole lot of time last weekend while running beans in a Greenie.